watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

transfer windows...

Started by jarv, February 18, 2013, 12:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

Why on earth did they adopt this stupid system of transfer windows. It, does nobody any favours except the agents.
It creates inflatory prices, bidding wars, and teams like Fulham, having to fill a few holes, creates problems if you have to bed in 3 or 4 new players to a team at the same time.
Surley it would have been better to leave it open but put an annual cap on spending.
Besides, when signing in to FoF, there are no new signings to read about.

HatterDon

The major reason was to stop the wealthiest clubs from destabilizing the other clubs every time they had an injury to an important player.

See and feel the massive irritation we all feel when our players are likely to be lured away. Now imagine it occurring every time someone from United, City, Chelsea, PSG, RM, etc. has a hangnail.

I remember watching several promotion campaigns derailed because in February or March a key player was snapped up by "a big club" where he sat in reserve while promotion dried up.

I'm not a fan of how the transfer periods play out, but this is primarily because of the role of agents. There should be a rule that only a player can pay money to an agent, who -- after all -- is his employee. Clubs paying agents backhanders is what has screwed the pooch here, not the statutory transfer periods.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MJG

I don't  really have an issue with it. means you have to get on with what you have in between and instead of throwing money at a situation you manage it. just like Jol had to from Sept-Jan.

if anything I would reduce Jan to 2 weeks.

Forever Fulham

"Clubs paying agents backhanders"--What ARE the rules re: payments to players' agents? 

Hazey

I think once the season has started, that's it - you have that squad for the season with the exception of loan signings coming in or going out.

Can anyone explain why on Earth the transfer period keeps going once the season has begun - ridiculous.

To save all the hassle and extortion from agents etc you have a 2 week trransfer period in June/July and then nothing more.
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club