watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Sad News...

Started by The Equalizer, February 18, 2013, 01:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Equalizer

British sit-com legend Richard Briers has sadly passed away, aged 79.

He will be fondly remembered for the classic show 'The Good Life', as well as Watership Down, voicing 'Noddy' and 'Rhubarb and Custard', as well as appearing in A Chorus of Disapproval, Rentadick and most recently 'Cockneys Vs Zombies' where he played an octogenarian with a zimmer frame and an Uzi.

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Ron Sheepskin

And for those that may not know, he was also a damned fine Shakesperian actor too.

Sad news indeed.
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

SG

Loved him in 'Ever Decreasing Circles' - very sad news

Vinnieffc

Bumped into him a few times at Acton recycling centre, which indicates he was as environmentally friendly in real life as well as on TV. made time for a quick chat. Lovely bloke. RIP.

Lighthouse

Yes another bit of our past has moved on. I remember him way back in Marriage Lines in the early Sixties amongst many others. God Bless
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mr-ska

Gutted..  he was like 'your uncle'..  great actor x

Burt

I must admit that Felicity Kendall was the only reason I watched "The Good Life".

Sorry to hear this though, he was a fine TV and classical actor, and part of my childhood.

epsomraver

Quote from: SG on February 18, 2013, 02:31:05 PM
Loved him in 'Ever Decreasing Circles' - very sad news

very sad, this was a very funny prgram, enjoyed it better than the good life, every body knew someone like his character, one who would turn the phone around on the cradle when he came home, great loss, victim of the dreaded weed.

grandad

He went to my old school in Edge Hill just off The Ridgeway in Wimbledon.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Travers Barney

Indeed very sad...used to love it when he got irratated by his neighbour Paul in ever decreasing circles....Briers was in valves if I recall correctly.

We are the whites

TheDaddy

Absolute gent, lived in the turnham green area bumped into him a few times and chatted .Told me off for smoking said "young man I wish i never bloody started those things " Then went on to telling me that mentally he was sound but physically he couldn't walk five yards because of those bloody things.He was very down to earth no air of grandeur...Yes im still smoking was the first thing i would say to him when we bumped into each other again would give me the finger waggle and a tsk tsk tsk..
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

spikey norman

I lived next door to Richard and his wife Anne for a few years during the 60's when my family moved to pleydell avenue in stamford brook
at the time Anne was in dr who and Richard was in a programme called the marriage lines with prunella scales
even though he was a well known actor and I was a young boy in junior school he always had time to have a chat with me
he really was a lovely man