watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

ITV's football service.. if you think its poor.. email them

Started by Mr-ska, February 18, 2013, 04:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr-ska

Ive always hated ITV's coverage of football..  whether it be the oh so smug commentators or the general games selection.. or even the theme music to the FA CUP... please write to

[email protected]

Ive watch most of the European games without sound and despair generally at what a poor show they put on.

Doesnt have to be War and Peace..  maybe just a few lines..  otherwise things will never change.

fulhamfan

i thought martin allen was quite refreshing yesterday tbh

BBC is worse now I think. the smugness of hansen lawro, lineker etc is off the scale

epsomraver

I want the job of parrot on the shoulder on either channel, why we need some tw*t to tell us what us just happened and waffle on while not giving COMMENTRY is beyond me, the old commentators worked on their own and gave you what you wanted, what was happening on the pitch, not the strength of Rooneys old women's  knicker elastic  :dft007:

Airfix

Watched the MotD2 special last night for the highlights for Plod vs Swans.  My Gawd, if you think that Hansen, Lawrenson, Shearer et al are bad, you should hear Michael Owen.  He's so bland, I swear he actually turned beige.

Terry Angus

agreed but they covered a lot of our europa games and i'll always be grateful for

"dempsey will try to chip one... wonderful!"

and

"hamburg will host the final, fulham will play in it"

Terry Angus

Quote from: Airfix on February 18, 2013, 05:20:51 PM
Watched the MotD2 special last night for the highlights for Plod vs Swans.  My Gawd, if you think that Hansen, Lawrenson, Shearer et al are bad, you should hear Michael Owen.  He's so bland, I swear he actually turned beige.

i experienced this too! i was actually thinking, i've sat in silence for longer periods than he's allowed to speak without getting bored. how can he bore me so much within a few seconds?!!!!

Mr-ska

Ha ha..  ok..  my own little email will have no company. When there is a live match on the Bbc.. the commentry is generally good..  i never listen to the tittle tattle at half time.

I just think the BBC really know what the FA CUP is all about.  The tradition etc..

Why do itv assume football fans want opera based theme music to get us in the mood???  Do they ever go to football?

cmg

Quote from: epsomraver on February 18, 2013, 05:09:29 PM
.... why we need some tw*t to tell us what us just happened and waffle on while not giving COMMENTRY is beyond me, the old commentators worked on their own and gave you what you wanted, what was happening on the pitch, not the strength of Rooneys old women's  knicker elastic  :dft007:

Spot on...although we might need more detail on why Rooney might be wearing old women's knickers whatever the strength of the elastic. Mmmm, on second thoughts, perhaps not.

Obviously a commentator is required, although cutting down on the number of words used by about 50% would help. I guess you need something to fill in the blanks before, after and at half-time, although I am sure I could think of something (legal) to replace the nodding dogs usually employed. But they could save a fortune by eliminating the, what you so eloquently call, 'parrot on the shoulder', all of whom seem to have received what little education has come their way from the University Of the Bleedin' Obvious and whose only function seems to be to annoy (a task they fulfill admirably well).

leonffc

I did it a few years back mate and they didn't even have the decencey to reply.

Mr-ska

Quote from: leonffc on February 18, 2013, 06:09:23 PM
This lot will, i complained that Family fortunes always had Northern Contestants..  lol  they replied

TonyGilroy

The assumption is that the great British public want to be in the media company of football greats.

I don't. I'd have a single commentator and instruct him not to tell us what we can see for ourselves. Don't bother with prepared scripts and facts from a crib sheet. In fact shut the f*** up unless there's important info that isn't obvious to the viewer.

If there was an option for crowd noise but no commentary my bet is that the TV companies would be astonished by how many people would use it.

epsomraver

Quote from: Mr-ska on February 18, 2013, 06:19:55 PM
This lot will, i complained that Family fortunes always had Northern Contestants..  lol  they replied

What did they say Dean Fcuk off and move up Norf?

epsomraver

Quote from: TonyGilroy on February 18, 2013, 06:49:40 PM

The assumption is that the great British public want to be in the media company of football greats.

I don't. I'd have a single commentator and instruct him not to tell us what we can see for ourselves. Don't bother with prepared scripts and facts from a crib sheet. In fact shut the f*** up unless there's important info that isn't obvious to the viewer.

If there was an option for crowd noise but no commentary my bet is that the TV companies would be astonished by how many people would use it.

Totally agree with that.

epsomraver

Quote from: cmg on February 18, 2013, 05:57:14 PM
.... why we need some tw*t to tell us what us just happened and waffle on while not giving COMMENTRY is beyond me, the old commentators worked on their own and gave you what you wanted, what was happening on the pitch, not the strength of Rooneys old women's  knicker elastic  :dft007:

Spot on...although we might need more detail on why Rooney might be wearing old women's knickers whatever the strength of the elastic. Mmmm, on second thoughts, perhaps not.

Obviously a commentator is required, although cutting down on the number of words used by about 50% would help. I guess you need something to fill in the blanks before, after and at half-time, although I am sure I could think of something (legal) to replace the nodding dogs usually employed. But they could save a fortune by eliminating the, what you so eloquently call, 'parrot on the shoulder', all of whom seem to have received what little education has come their way from the University Of the Bleedin' Obvious and whose only function seems to be to annoy (a task they fulfill admirably well).

Spot on mate!

alfie

I want the job of parrot on the shoulder on either channel, why we need some tw*t to tell us what us just happened and waffle on while not giving COMMENTRY is beyond me, the old commentators worked on their own and gave you what you wanted, what was happening on the pitch, not the strength of Rooneys old women's  knicker elastic  :dft007:

:plus one:
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Mr-ska

Quote from: epsomraver on February 18, 2013, 06:51:51 PM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on February 18, 2013, 06:49:40 PM

Totally agree with that.
Quote from: epsomraver on February 18, 2013, 06:51:06 PM
This lot will, i complained that Family fortunes always had Northern Contestants..  lol  they replied

What did they say Dean Fcuk off and move up Norf?

Nah  said it was the nature of there shows  IE Emmerdale and Coronation street that they drew most of there contestants from.  Reminded me they had Jow swalsh on nots so long ago...   emailed them back saying it was abit tongue in cheek..  ha ha

leonffc

Ha Ha. Quality!! Although a bird that used to live opposite me was on it with her sisters about 6 years ago and she was a Southern gal. Cant remember her competitors though  :58:

TheDaddy

Quote from: Airfix on February 18, 2013, 05:20:51 PM

SPOT ON AIRFIX..

Would never had thought he ever played for Liverpool so bias so boring....The tone of his voice christ i wanted to kick him one
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Airfix

Quote from: Mr-ska on February 18, 2013, 05:44:43 PM
Why do itv assume football fans want opera based theme music to get us in the mood???  Do they ever go to football?

If you are referring to the Champions song, I think that's an UEFA innovation and all transmitting companies are obliged to use it.