News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If you were offered you a Million Pound to stop supporting Fulham for life..

Started by Mr-ska, February 18, 2013, 04:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cusackdribble

cmg

I can never get my head around this sort of question. There have been many occasions in my life when I have fervently wished not to be a Fulham supporter, but it just doesn't work.
If I had been born in Calella I might have been fishing in the bright blue Med and supporting Barca (although with my luck I'd probably be selling fish and chips to drunken tourists and supporting Espanyol) but I wasn't and I became a Fulham supporter and I'm stuck with it.

I could SAY I supported Leyton Orient or Kidderminster Harriers, but I'd be lying.

NB: Please do not let any of the foregoing stop anyone who so wishes sending me a million quid. I'm not totally averse to lying.

Lighthouse

In my present circumstances I would have to say yes. But then it would mean stopping watching the game on telly or listen to results. My love for the game has shrunk the more the lack of tackles, the lack of attacking formations have come into the game.

Also think that this Fulham this season has been the dullest to watch for some time.

But as nobody will offer me a million quid I shall sadly continue.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

jarv

it is like asking to give up one of your children.  ok, not quite, I would take the money and inside still follow the white. nce you have a team, you are stuck with it. Support,  it is non transferrable.....my question is WHY IS THAT?  Any psychologists on here who can give us an aanswer.? :49:

Lighthouse

Is love the most important thing in life? Most people would say yes I guess. But people can fall in and out of love easily enough. Loyalty on the other hand is hard to lose. If you are loyal to a person or a club or anything else it is very hard to shift that loyalty.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

JohnKovacs

1M pounds, roughly 1.4M USD...

Fulham who?

Lots talk a good game, but I'm sure everyone on this MB would take the money.

Snibbo

Wot Lighthouse and cmg sed.

What can it mean "Stop supporting". I live in Australia, so I get to a game or two maybe every 3 or 4 years. But since internet streaming became available I get up in the middle of the bloody night, and watch a sometimes crap quality stream of a sometimes crap quality match. I wake the neighbours with my shouts when we score, and with the abuse when someone keeps losing the bloody ball.

So is that supporting? I often wish I could just stay in bed and sleep through it, and not give a toss, but I can't.

So for a million quid, of course, most of us would stop attending, watching, going on forums etc. But how do you shake the bloody addiction, the emotional attachment. It's a bit sad in someways, but then again, it adds a bit of (black and white) colour to life.

A Humble Man

We Are Fulham, Believe.

F(f)CUK

I've had chances to live abroad including St Lucia and yet I have never wanted to do this. I love my life in this country surrounded by friends and family and with the added constant of supporting Fulham. The only way I could keep away would be to live abroad and that's not happening.

CorkCity

A million !!! If somebody gave me 5 grand I would stop supporting Fulham.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

DukeTyrion

Wouldn't it be funny if fans were held under contract at a club, and could be sold to other clubs during the transfer window.

How much do you think you would be worth as a fan, and would Man City put a bid in for you, or would you be shipped out on loan to Halifax?

The Rock

I think a lot of fans would go cheaper than you think. Man Citeh is a huge ask though.

The Equalizer

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Airfix

Quote from: DukeTyrion on February 19, 2013, 10:45:36 AM
Wouldn't it be funny if fans were held under contract at a club, and could be sold to other clubs during the transfer window.

How much do you think you would be worth as a fan, and would Man City put a bid in for you, or would you be shipped out on loan to Halifax?

Bah!  I'd see out my contract and spend it sitting on the bench.  :028:

NorfolkJim

Supporting Fulham is part of who I am, it would be like selling a part of my soul. My visits to Craven Cottage are my last link with happier times, my dad taking me to the game, my mum, my brother. It has deeper, richer meaning to me than any amount of money - but it would be tempting. Maybe I'd take it and feel mercenary for the rest of my life, I'd have sold a chunk of who I am and could never get it back. Hard to give an honest answer with only a hypothetical question. Without the cash being there It's easy to say no, with it on offer, who knows?
I don't agree that everyone has a price - some things go beyond money - just not that many things.
Probably no.

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: CorkCity on February 19, 2013, 09:03:35 AM
A million !!! If somebody gave me 5 grand I would stop supporting Fulham.

If I didn't support Fulham then I wouldn't have had the privilege of reading one of the funniest one-liners I've seen in a month of don't like Mondays.
Nogood "can't put a Cork in a good bottle of Brains, isit" Boyo
P.S  A single mill wouldn't be enough to buy a pot-bellied Ukranian goal-keeper with an ingrowing toe-nail. 
But you can buy an effin big sheep station with a single mill. 
Sooooo......Fulham - you're fired!.  Don't let the door hit you on the way out, you miserable failure you.  And take the fat Dutcher with you, as well as that Cock he calls his brother.

MurphLegend

MurphLegend

just kidding i'm flat broke, but nah i odn't think i'd take it b/c fulham has been my life for so long. money comes and goes but my true love is FFC and i don tknow how i'd sleep at night if i took that garbage money

A Humble Man

This proves that the statement "there is a price for everything and everything has a price" is not true when it come to supporting Fulham.
We Are Fulham, Believe.