watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FC/SLGJ - Tip of the Day #37

Started by Airfix, February 19, 2013, 09:56:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airfix

Here's today's tip:  Is your diet boring?

Many people think that diets are boring, they only see the salad route to losing weight.  It doesn't have to be so, however.  With some creative thinking, and a little time investment, you can make tasty, low calorie meals using everyday ingredients.

If you are following a specific weight-loss plan (e.g. Weight Watchers, Dukan, GI etc), there are hundreds of websites devoted to meals that you can make for yourself which substitute certain elements in order to make a healthier alternative to your favourite foods.

Personally, I took the Dukan Diet - a protein-based weight-loss plan with very rigidly enforced guidelines as to what I could and could not eat.  Finding a website devoted to meal options for each of the elements of the plan meant that I was introduced to such delights as chocolate porridge, mini-muffins and Turkey Scotch Eggs, all of which filled me up whilst keeping me on track and helping me to lose weight.

Diets don't have to be boring!

Keep going!

F(f)CUK

I feel that I have been fairly successful with my diet so far and will therefore reveal my secret (3rd in percentage weight loss list).  I have simply replaced eating cheese or chocolate based snacks with fruit and ensured that either I cook my own meals (reducing portion size) or, if I have a ready meal, it is from the Marks and Spencers "Fuller for longer" range.  This has led me to consistently lose 1lb per week.  Other than these changes, the rest of my diet is as it was.

The Equalizer

Airfix, you're the only person I've ever known to pull a hard-boiled egg out of their pocket at half time and munch on it!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Airfix

Quote from: The Equalizer on February 19, 2013, 12:23:18 PM
Airfix, you're the only person I've ever known to pull a hard-boiled egg out of their pocket at half time and munch on it!

The ol' emergency boiled egg served me well a number of times.

The Equalizer

Quote from: Airfix on February 19, 2013, 12:27:27 PM

It worked mate, so that's all that matters. It did cause me no end of amusement though.  :dft011:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Airfix

Quote from: The Equalizer on February 19, 2013, 12:30:16 PM

It worked mate, so that's all that matters. It did cause me no end of amusement though.  :dft011:

Of course, you wouldn't know what I do at half-time these days, seeing as you've given up coming.   :hook:

The Equalizer

Quote from: Airfix on February 19, 2013, 01:45:12 PM
Quote from: The Equalizer on February 19, 2013, 12:30:16 PM

Of course, you wouldn't know what I do at half-time these days, seeing as you've given up coming.   :hook:

lol! You know there are good reasons for that mate. I'll be back to a few games soon now that I'm earning again, and also once the weather warms up a bit!  :008: