watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Portsmouth v fulham 1980 : Peter Mellor in goal for pompey

Started by Ged, February 19, 2013, 06:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Nothing changes. Failed to put away our chances, got punished and Fulhamish that an ex plays a blinder! Other than that, great video, thanks.

cmg

Thanks or that. Always interesting. Plenty of chances. No goals. Heard that before somewhere.

Did you spot the 'deliberate' mistakes on the banner that some genius from ESPN had added halway through?

Portsmouth may well have been eying a return to the top tier but as this was a Third Div match they'd had to have pretty good eyesight.
Bobby Campbell was still manager when this game was played. It was the first in a run of six straight defeats which saw Campbell replaced by Macdonald at the end of October.

keith

Travers Barney

Went to this one..Pompey fans were charmers on the day..far cry from 2007/8 thats for sure.

coyw
We are the whites

brightster

Travers Barney

Quote from: brightster on February 19, 2013, 09:19:13 PM
Thanks for posting. What a player Beck was?

Strange that Beck who was such a cultured footballer choose a very uncultured method of coaching teams..it was the era I  guess...spoke to a PNE mate the other day and said that his players would run through the preverbial brick wall for him so must have had something about him.

coyw
We are the whites

Ged

Lighthouse

I was there.

Remember on the way back to Brighton I was standing in the train and a Pompey kid just kept kicking me on the leg.  So I kicked him back a little harder than I meant to and he let out the loudest yelp I have ever heard. Game must have been lacking in drama for me to remember that.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

Some names from the past to bring back memories there - Ivor, Gary Peters, Mahoney, Beck, O'Driscoll.

Unlucky Fulham as always!

Great to see this - thanks Ged.

Travers Barney

Becky is now Manager down at Kettering......now that was a day out.

coyw
We are the whites