watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FC/SLGJ - Tip of the Day #38

Started by Airfix, February 20, 2013, 10:46:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airfix

I'm taking a couple of days off tomorrow and Friday, so I'll not be able to get in front of a computer to add some tips and call for your weigh-ins.  Please send them in on Friday as usual and I'll run up the results on Sunday.

So, here's today's tip: Avoid ready-made meals

Notwithstanding the current horsemeat issues, ready-made meals are usually a source of high levels of salt, sugar and fat.  Of course you can read the labels to get an understanding of the contents of the meal but it really is better to make your own food.

One of the issues with cooking properly for yourself is the time it takes.  With most people's increasingly busy schedules, finding the time to make your own meal can be very hard.  The best way to combat this is to set aside some time to cook a number of meals for the forthcoming few days - perhaps a week's worth, cooked at the weekend?  Once done, you can freeze the results and take them out daily to re-heat and enjoy later.

Keep going!

Berserker

Airfix I'm away at the weekend so can you use last weeks weight

Ta
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

jarv

Totally agree. I have always been the family cook in our houseWhen I left home, I found eating beans out of a tin not too appetising so tried cooking. What I found was the preparation of the food was e very relaxing thing to do. I can recommend it as a wind down after a stressful/tedious/ typicla work day. I would even make baby food for thechildren rather than buy those jars of gooo.
Problem is, despite information on packets, you really don't know what you are eating. One thing is for sure, if it can sit on a shelf for a year (eg salad dressings) it can't be good for you. Make your own, it is easy and much, much cheaper.
Chef Jarv's tip for the day. :wine: