News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would you rather - own the team or manage it?

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, February 20, 2013, 07:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

Watching a documentary about the New York Yankee's, specifically the ownership of George Steinbrenner (I won't go into the details), but it made me think about the situation.

Would you rather be in Jol's position. Standing in the dugouts and calling the shots?

Or Al-Fayeds job, of owning the team you love, but staying 'behind the scenes'

Discuss
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

jmh

PaulJ123

Jol's position all day.

Would love to affect whats going on on the pitch

HatterDon

Or you could be Steinbrenner -- before he died, of course -- and own the team and manage it as well, for all intents and purposes. It wasn't until the last 7 or 8 years of his tenure that he kept his mitts off the team structure.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mr K.Dilkington

Foolish ham

RidgeRider

Quote from: Blingo on February 20, 2013, 08:24:40 PM
Own it says Blingo.

Totally agree. Ownership has it's privileges and truth be told the owner, if active, has more to do with what happens with the club in all aspects, including the pitch, than anyone else.

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: Blingo on February 20, 2013, 08:24:40 PM
Own it says Blingo.
I know I've been waywardly amiss of late what with the ewes being so pregnant they look like dreadnought schooners  and the geese going rampant on us all over Long Island and Westchester, but when the f in a g-string did the AWOL Blingster recycle himself into the land of the near-living?
Nogood "there's marvelous to see THE voice of nostrilgia and reason Foffing again - even if it was only 4 words, isit" Boyo

YankeeJim

Own it!
If the team flounders, blame it on the manager and give him the sack.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Berserker

If i knew what i was on about football wise, had a good reputation, good back room staff, backing of the owner to get decent players, do things my way, i'd rather be the manager. It's a good way to make alot of money.

If your the owner you always have your hand in your pocket for not much  return alot of the time.

Yes good to see Blingo post, used to love his positivity regarding Fulham
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.