Previous topic - Next topic

when rarely we sing this, do you sing this passionately or ironically

Passionately
3 (17.6%)
Ironically
14 (82.4%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

I have heard this sung on occasion and I can't work out if it is sung passionately or ironically.     :scarf:  This is my chance to find out....

MOR :

Last season at Aston Villa the Villa fans were singing "You've never won f**k all"...and in an instant the Fulham Fans responded with..."We've won it one time"...

It was a brilliant moment in Fulham Folklore...the Villa fans just looked puzzled.

To answer your question it's sung both passionately and ironically. Well by me it is...

Mr-ska

Mr K.Dilkington

I should think it would be being sung ironically. A very Fulhamish song indeed. 064.gif
Foolish ham

Ged

how can anybody suggest that it is sung ironically
Fulham won the intertotocup in one of the most famous nights in English football history at loftus road in front of over 13000 fans in 2002 and only two other teams won it that year Malaga and Stuttgart

SKSW6

Quote from: MOR : on February 20, 2013, 11:01:07 PM
Last season at Aston Villa the Villa fans were singing "You've never won f**k all"...and in an instant the Fulham Fans responded with..."We've won it one time"...

It was a brilliant moment in Fulham Folklore...the Villa fans just looked puzzled.

To answer your question it's sung both passionately and ironically. Well by me it is...

Same at Spurs last game of last season. They all clapped us for it as well.

LBNo11

...a mixture of both to be honest, I think the pride of our first win in a European cup competition is mixed with the self deprecation of Fulham fans aware that amongst European trophies the award is the tiddler of them all - but we won it, and no other English team ever will again...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Mr-ska

It led to us playing in the Europa league...  which we did well in.. so i have a certain amount of pride. Any trophy should be celebrated!

Scrumpy

I think it was first sung at Anfield. They sang their little 'We won it 5 times' ditti, and we responded accordingly. I think they appreciated it.

You can't take yourself too seriously, especially as a Fulham fan.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

The Enclosurite

Quote from: Mr-ska on February 21, 2013, 09:33:10 AM
It led to us playing in the Europa league...  which we did well in.. so i have a certain amount of pride. Any trophy should be celebrated!

Uefa Cup back then.
¡COYW!

Vinnieffc

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 21, 2013, 01:13:05 PM
I think it was first sung at Anfield. They sang their little 'We won it 5 times' ditti, and we responded accordingly. I think they appreciated it.

You can't take yourself too seriously, especially as a Fulham fan.

What I love about our club is that we can be passionate and ironic in similar doses.. Our humour can be quite subtle but is appreciated by opposing fans (Dark Side and Bitters excepted, of course !!)  :yay:

nose

I think it is sung affectionately in a way only fulham fans can get away with!