watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

More away fans in our end

Started by Alfayedslovechild, February 21, 2013, 12:10:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfayedslovechild

When will the club start making those all important checks as to whom is buying tickets and more importantly those who are buying tickets for away fans.

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/showthread.php?157720-Just-secured-corporate-tickets-at-Fulham!!

MurphLegend

Roberty

The title is a little misleading in that people buying corporate packages do not sit in "our end". They either sit on one of the porta-cabin balconys or block V in the Riverside, which given that all clubs sell packages to both home and away fans are seen as neutral areas. From what I remember, having booked a package recently, the confirmation comes with a warning about not being allowed to wear away colours and the behavior of those attending. The fans sitting in "our end" will either be using a season ticket or have had tickets brought for them by season ticket holders or members.  

On a weekly basis I see visitors to London, who have brought tickets to Premier League Matches from on-line agents (touts), having season tickets or members cards delivered for them to use. The cards come with a warning about disclosing the source of the ticket and a note of the fee that will be charged if it is not left for collection after the match. At Fulham our club charge £5 to replace lost cards.

So given the current level of occupancy at the Cottage it should not be a surprise to find that touts can find a ready market for the season tickets they have brought and of course at the sell out matches each season ticket or membership they have comes with the right to buy additional paper tickets.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Burt

Like Roberty says, this is part of a corporate package rather than someone buying a wodge of tickets amongst the general seating.

And in any event, it is inevitable that you will get away supporters dotted around the place via friends, touts or whatever. We've all been there... 

SP

The more of them at the Cottage @ £45 a ticket the better.  Must win game for them if they haven't already been relegated by then.

Roberty

Quote from: SP on February 21, 2013, 09:11:05 AM
The more of them at the Cottage @ £45 a ticket the better.  Must win game for them if they haven't already been relegated by then.

Yes there is nothing more encouraging than to see them leaving early when they are loosing
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Northern Cottager

Even better thing is look at them crying about Man Utd fans being in their end on Saturday after bragging about a few tickets in our end.

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/showthread.php?157818-Be-completely-honest-now

SP

Quote from: Northern Cottager on February 21, 2013, 02:03:28 PM
Even better thing is look at them crying about Man Utd fans being in their end on Saturday after bragging about a few tickets in our end.

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/showthread.php?157818-Be-completely-honest-now

I love that Rangers site, it always cheers me up. Blimey Utd fans in the home end, especially at a London ground, whatever next!

064.gif

Mr-ska

I remember 2 Chelsea fans in our end last season... waltzing about.  They got a shock and it was only the Stewards/ Police that stopped them getting a right slap.

How he got a ticket for the home end is beyond me...  but i reackon the poster  wont be so brave come the day!

SuffolkWhite

When we played Kettering in the F.A Cup a few seasons back, my mate who was a Kettering fan got tickets for my son and I. We had no problems because we only celebrated our goals with a hand shake and a smile..........the home fans sussed us in the end but as we had been dignified throughout we had no problems.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Speak for yourself;  I have never had an away fan in my end...