watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: What is it with spurs fans and trouble in Europe at the moment

Started by cottage cheese, February 21, 2013, 08:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cottage cheese

Again in Lyon they were attacked by masked gangs etc... Just every time they go away their fans are always targeted!

LBNo11

...sadly it appears that because of the Jewish links, by association, they become the targets of the anti-semitic right wing extremist thugs...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Northern Cottager

Berserker

I do feel for them. The fans i met last year gave me a lift in their taxi, they were really friendly
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

SKSW6

It genuinely amazes me that these people would do salutes used by the people who occupied their country killing millions. What exactly is their thought process?

Berserker

They must agree with what happened in the past mustn't they. Some humans are not nice people, sad but true
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

epsomraver

Quote from: Berserker on February 21, 2013, 09:59:59 AM
I do feel for them. The fans i met last year gave me a lift in their taxi, they were really friendly

Bet they had the meter running! :005:

michaelread

Quote from: epsomraver on February 21, 2013, 11:14:52 AM

is that a "jewish people are tight with their money" gag? hope not.

fulhamfan

Its not anti semitic behaviour

Spurs are well known to have a big hooligan following.

So when they go abroad, they attract the opposing teams hard line support.You go around giving it the big'un what do they expect

Lets not pretend they were in that boozer all sitting down quietly sipping on the local vino.

We all know what happened. They would have been giving it the big'un, annoyed the wrong people, then got their heads kicked in. Im sure there was alot of innocent people, but their away support think they are the boys, so if youre gonna go around saying your hooligans and give it to the wrong people sometimes youll run into trouble.

epsomraver

Quote from: michaelread on February 21, 2013, 11:23:18 AM

yes it is, they are proud of their frugal ways same as the scots are, what is your problem with it?

jarv

As a scot, I still have a laugh at the "tight scots git" jokes which my friends of 40 years still make.. However, my pet peev is cockney boys referring to us as scotch. (which happens to be an adjective labelling a drink or a roll of sticky tape).   :005:

Yes Mr B is a Scot and i pull his leg about being tight, although he isn't.  The Spurs fans were a couple of nice ladies, and the one that paid wouldn't accept anything towards the fare. I've got blond hair so used to jokes about that as well ;-)

SP

Quote from: fulhamross on February 21, 2013, 12:40:36 PM

Lets not pretend they were in that boozer all sitting down quietly sipping on the local vino.

We all know what happened. They would have been giving it the big'un, annoyed the wrong people, then got their heads kicked in. Im sure there was alot of innocent people, but their away support think they are the boys, so if youre gonna go around saying your hooligans and give it to the wrong people sometimes youll run into trouble.

If they were spouting the same shite they did in the park after we played them it's really no surprise.

ron

Quote from: SKSW6 on February 21, 2013, 10:05:48 AM
It genuinely amazes me that these people would do salutes used by the people who occupied their country killing millions. What exactly is their thought process?

I think it's the very absence of a thought process that drives people like that......much the same as Hitlers original followers all those years ago.

The tragedy is that in some areas of life, lessons aren't learned, and the mindless are quite happy to repeat mistakes of the past.

A Humble Man

Russian are getting nostalgic for the communist regime and are putting the names back of some of their cities and towns to the early revolutionary period ones. 

People has short memories and soon forget the bad things done.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

LordNelson

Vichy & Petain.  :046:
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

King_Crud

Quote from: LordNelson on February 21, 2013, 04:52:12 PM

Vichy & Petain.  :046:

My girlfriends father is from Lyon. I was there recently visiting her grandparents (lovely city by the way) and there's a lot of shame from the older locals for the association with the Vichy

michaelread

Quote from: epsomraver on February 21, 2013, 01:03:27 PM
Quote from: michaelread on February 21, 2013, 11:23:18 AM

yes it is, they are proud of their frugal ways same as the scots are, what is your problem with it?

its a negative stereotype, dont care how you wish to justify it either, it's negative.