News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Guardian - 10 things to watch this weekend.

Started by sumofallparts, February 22, 2013, 11:59:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CincyFulham1

Quote from: A Humble Man on February 22, 2013, 03:58:20 PM
Quote from: Jack Fulham on February 22, 2013, 12:23:35 PM
Can't believe sky decided to put Fulham vs Stoke on tv lol

It will be a highly skilful contest with goals galore, that is why they choose.  The TV people know exactly what they are doing. 

Pigs will be seen flying over the Cottage at the same time.

Why?  Are QPR having a airshow?

RaySmith

Let's hope we surprise the elite supporting journos with a display of scintillating, free flowing football - tearing Stoke apart with some brilliant goals.

Well, I can hope can't I?

Seriously, there is a lot at stake in this game for both clubs - so not a meaningless , mid table encounter as the article implies. In fact few of Fulham's, or Prem games generally, games  have no significance - we are either battling for the top ten, or  against relegation concerns.

Plus, as a supporter, no Fulham game is ever boring  to me. To be boring Fulham would have to be cruising to victory with  30mins left on the clock - and when do we ever cruise to victory?

Stoke have some very good , skilful players, as we do- think of the value of the  players  on the pitch in both teams- - and they are very good at their pressing, combative game. So whether or not you are a supporter, or  nuetral, if you appreciate the game of football there  should be a lot to appreciate in this game - which will likely be a dour battle, with few goals.

But when did football always have to be about loads of goals and  fine play to be appreciated? The rough and tumble of a game, with two evenly matched teams, deploying different tactical strategies, both desperate to win, and not to lose ,  with good demonstrations of the defender's art, has a lot to be appreciated for me.

Anyway, all  I  really care about is Fulham getting the points- then that wll be a very enjoyable football match for me. Like- wise if we lose, then i will be very despondent, even if we played some great football, but were undone by those  rough Stoke bullies We need a bit of steel today, and a  cutting edge, as well as sound defending.

So I'm looking forward to the game with excitement.