watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The academy.

Started by Frankie-Peter Taylor, February 23, 2013, 05:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I can not wait until some of these talented players start to make their way into the first team. We have a very good set up and arguably have the best u18 team in the league, we've got to the final in the last three years in a row and won the league in the last two. The under 18's got their fourth win in a row decimating a decent Chelsea side.

We all know about players like Dan Burn, who is doing very well at Yeovil, and Marcelo Trotta, who scored goals for fun for both the under 18's and under 21's and even heard that Manchester City payed £1m for him as a 15 year old.

But there are others that have a strong chance of making the grade and some to look out for. They include:

Jack Grimmer - A calm and composed central defender that can also play right back. He's good on the ball and strong in the tackle and made his debut for Aberdeen at 16 years old. I'd very much like to see him go out on loan but he looks very promising.

Chris David - David shows good trequartista qualities and is rated very highly in his native Holland. I'm not going to lie and say that I've seen David play loads of times but from what I have seen, he looks very promising.

Now I watch more of the under 18's than the under 21's so forgive me if I've missed any of the other bright hopes of the u21's and feel free to add with your reasons why.

My main ones to watch for the under 18's are attacking players, they are:

Muamer Tankovic - The way this 18 year old (it was his birthday yesterday) seemingly controls play from his striker role is superb. Very Dimitar Berbatovish, in that he drops deep and looks to get involved with play while also containing the ability to score goals, including a brace against Chelsea today. He'll learn a lot from Berbatov at 18 years old, he could really begin to kick on and start being involved more frequently with the under 21s which is a higher test of his qualities.

Patrick Roberts - From all accounts (@ChelseaYouth) on Twitter, he was unplayable this afternoon, and that doesn't surprise me. The tricky winger frequently tears his full back which has earned him caps for England's under 16 side. I mean, you've got to have something to play for the under 18s at 15 years old... This kid is class, and should he continue to develop the way he is, it wouldn't surprise me if he gets more than one senior England cap in his career.

There are others like Noe Baba, Cauley Woodrow, George Williams and Emerson Hyndman. The future definitely is bright for Fulham FC and perhaps we can start thinking about naming ourselves as having the best academy in the UK, or perhaps that comes when they start to show in the professional game. Either way, it wouldn't surprise me if we are seen as the next 'Southampton' in terms of developing players.

SouthfieldWhite

Have to agree, I watched a lot of the present u21s when they were u18s and I've watched a lot of this present u18s team, and this present group really excite me.
We also have some of the best people in the country running our academy, they have all worked their socks off to get our academy where we are today.
Being able to bring in coaches like Steve Wigley says a lot how far we've come
The futures bright, the futures black and white

JackyFulham90

Jol has already handed 1st team outings to Brister , Briggs , Frei , Mesca , Kacaniklic & Trotta

We now have Dembele , Tankovic , Roberts ,  Woodrow , Grimmer looking impressive

Things are looking on the up for our amazing club

Toshes Fag Packet

We stole Grimmer from Aberdeens Academy,they were furious
as they thought he going to be one of the best prospects to come
out of Scotland for years..

HatterDon

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on February 23, 2013, 09:48:42 PM
Jol has already handed 1st team outings to Brister , Briggs , Frei , Mesca , Kacaniklic & Trotta

We now have Dembele , Tankovic , Roberts ,  Woodrow , Grimmer looking impressive

I think Jol is the 4th Fulham manager to give Briggs a first team outing.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on February 23, 2013, 05:32:22 PM
I can not wait until some of these talented players start to make their way into the first team. We have a very good set up and arguably have the best u18 team in the league, we've got to the final in the last three years in a row and won the league in the last two. The under 18's got their fourth win in a row decimating a decent Chelsea side.

We all know about players like Dan Burn, who is doing very well at Yeovil, and Marcelo Trotta, who scored goals for fun for both the under 18's and under 21's and even heard that Manchester City payed £1m for him as a 15 year old.

But there are others that have a strong chance of making the grade and some to look out for. They include:

Jack Grimmer - A calm and composed central defender that can also play right back. He's good on the ball and strong in the tackle and made his debut for Aberdeen at 16 years old. I'd very much like to see him go out on loan but he looks very promising.

Chris David - David shows good trequartista qualities and is rated very highly in his native Holland. I'm not going to lie and say that I've seen David play loads of times but from what I have seen, he looks very promising.

Now I watch more of the under 18's than the under 21's so forgive me if I've missed any of the other bright hopes of the u21's and feel free to add with your reasons why.

My main ones to watch for the under 18's are attacking players, they are:

Muamer Tankovic - The way this 18 year old (it was his birthday yesterday) seemingly controls play from his striker role is superb. Very Dimitar Berbatovish, in that he drops deep and looks to get involved with play while also containing the ability to score goals, including a brace against Chelsea today. He'll learn a lot from Berbatov at 18 years old, he could really begin to kick on and start being involved more frequently with the under 21s which is a higher test of his qualities.

Patrick Roberts - From all accounts (@ChelseaYouth) on Twitter, he was unplayable this afternoon, and that doesn't surprise me. The tricky winger frequently tears his full back which has earned him caps for England's under 16 side. I mean, you've got to have something to play for the under 18s at 15 years old... This kid is class, and should he continue to develop the way he is, it wouldn't surprise me if he gets more than one senior England cap in his career.

There are others like Noe Baba, Cauley Woodrow, George Williams and Emerson Hyndman. The future definitely is bright for Fulham FC and perhaps we can start thinking about naming ourselves as having the best academy in the UK, or perhaps that comes when they start to show in the professional game. Either way, it wouldn't surprise me if we are seen as the next 'Southampton' in terms of developing players.
Haven't watched them this season but Last season I thought Josh Passeley has an awful lot about him,even though he was considerably smaller than the centre forwards he was playing always seemed to be in the right place and so comfortable on the ball so surprised you haven't given him a mention

TWFL

Quote from: HatterDon on February 24, 2013, 02:58:54 PM
Quote from: JackyFulham90 on February 23, 2013, 09:48:42 PM

I think Jol is the 4th Fulham manager to give Briggs a first team outing.
Doesn't change the fact he's given him an outing, does it?

elgreenio

Quote from: MasterHaynes on February 24, 2013, 03:17:35 PM
Haven't watched them this season but Last season I thought Josh Passeley has an awful lot about him,even though he was considerably smaller than the centre forwards he was playing always seemed to be in the right place and so comfortable on the ball so surprised you haven't given him a mention

the lad doesn't have the best attitude, though he does fly down the right very well. Donnelly twice the defender he is
touch my camera through the fence

Deanothefulhamfan

Thanks for posting this review of the youngsters at our club.... Very interesting to read, and if all things.go to plan  we may see a few of these youngsters in the first team in the not so distant future :)