News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Time to secure contracts for next season for those we want to keep - who ?

Started by Riverside, February 25, 2013, 03:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riverside

There has been alot of talk on the Board about players on loan or out of contract at the end of the season .
I suspect that Fulham has not pushed negotiations until they were convinced we are safe from the drop. ( Duff last week was a pleasant surprise for me )
Surely now we are safe so time to secure a Premier League team for 2013-2014.

Top of my list would be
Reither - sign him up
Hangeland - give him another year

Who are top of your lists ?

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Riverside on February 25, 2013, 03:08:31 PM
There has been alot of talk on the Board about players on loan or out of contract at the end of the season .
I suspect that Fulham has not pushed negotiations until they were convinced we are safe from the drop. ( Duff last week was a pleasant surprise for me )
Surely now we are safe so time to secure a Premier League team for 2013-2014.

Top of my list would be
Reither - sign him up
Hangeland - give him another year

Who are top of your lists ?

Agreed about that. Also keep Senderos. Schwarzer we should let go so he can be number 1 elsewhere. Petric would be a useful addition provided he's happy to be a squad player. Karagounis should stay. Diarra if he can stay fit but hopefully Enoh will impress so we can let Diarra go, he's just not reliable.
Who else is out of contract?

fulhaman

Riether a defo.
Kiago defo a year
Brede 3 years to finish off there.
Diarra another year.
Baird another two
And schwarzer another year.

Thing we will extend alot of contract in the next month.

JackyFulham90

I think Riether , Hangeland & Karagounis will be Fulham players next year
Obviously we have re signed Duff, Senderos I think we will keep

Petric , Davies , Baird I'm expecting to lose

Diarra & Schwarzer I'm not sure on

CurryForMario

Karagounis please, been superb this season - at least another year left in him at this level.
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

Burt

JackyFulham90

I hope Riether & Hangeland get 2/3 year deals, Karagounis is well worth another year, would also offer a deal to Diarra if he can play games before May as if fit he is class, Schwarzer I'm not sure on, would like to see Baird stay but he will go as will Petric which is a shame as he is a top player

Classic94

Priorities should be Hangeland, Reither, Senderos & Karagounis.

Unsure on Schwarzer, Diarra and the January signings.

Baird, Davies & Petric will most likely move on.

JackyFulham90

Losing Baird & Davies will be a shame they have been with us such a long time, great servants of the club

MikeCdawg

i'd keep Brede, Schwarzer, Petric, Senderos, Riether (obviously)...

karagounis...it was fun and he shows good energy but i think we could recruit someone for the long-term.

Diarra (spends too much time in the treatment room), Baird (simply not good enough) and Davies (career is at it's climax and an unspectacular climax indeed)...bon voyage!

Burt

Read a piece in the Evening Substandard on the way home quoting Jol as saying that Hangeland is close to signing the new deal.

WolverineFFC

There is a long list of out of contract players to debate,

Schwarzer - KEEP. If you asked me 2 months ago, I'd say out, but now I think funds could be spent elsewhere more effectively. He will need to be replaced soon, but not yet.

Hangeland - KEEP. But I don't think it is in the clubs hands, I fear this is heading for a Danny Murphy somebody gives me a better contract ending.

Senderos - GONE. If Hangeland leaves the club should hang on to him, but only for continuity sake. If Brede is staying around, the club should invest in a young player to groom along side Brede in the starting 11 with Hughes as an early season fall back.

Riether - KEEP. And give the guy a 3 or 4 year contract. He has been player of the season and I think he has even improved in the 2nd half of the season with his defending. Priority #1 in the off season for me (ahead of Brede even).

Manolev - GONE. Could be a squad player, but seems kind of redundant to Riether to me. If Baird leaves I change my mind though.

Baird - KEEP. 4 managers and he is still here. Think the club would be wise to keep him as his versatility in the back is invaluable. If he leaves he will be destined for relegation fights/championship football.

Frimpong - GONE. Club can do better and will probably cost some money to sign.

Diarra - GONE/DONE. There is no more tread on his tires left, club did well to get the amount of games out of him they did, but his knees are done I think.

Enoh - ?. I don't know enough about him at this point to even wager an opinion.

Karagounis - KEEP. Would like to see the club resign him like Duff, but does he want to stay?

Davies - GONE. Great servant, but no matches this season, can't see the club keeping him on at this point.

Emanuelson - GONE. $$$ as Jol says himself.

Petric - GONE. Can't see him wanting to stay on as a 10 minute sub.

Don't think I missed any. Am so glad Duffer resigned and would like to see a few of the above in for another season. Think the priority is still CM w a CB as close 2nd. Another ST wouldn't hurt either.

Jambo

Hangeland is an interesting one.  Has probably had his most inconsistent season this year but of late has looked of old.  2 months ago I questioned if we should keep him.  I now think we should.  But, before that PLEASE sign Reither up NOWWW!!!!!
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/