watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Emanuelson for Duff

Started by Bassey the warrior, February 26, 2013, 02:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

I feel Duff has been pretty well duff on the left for the past few games. Dejagah can't be dropped now. Emanuelson has bundles of pace and skill and I'd like to see him on the left. Kaca is an option too. Having said that I doubt we'll get Emanuelson permanently so I agree with the premise of playing our own players over him so I'd like to see Kaca some more. In line with that I wouldn't mind too much if we didn't see Frimpong again, I think he'll get a new contract at Arsenal. Hopefully Enoh will come in and do a good job. If Diarra can stay injury free that will be an unexpected bonus, I harbour doubts.

JackyFulham90

Diarra looks likely to miss the rest of the season reports Fulham Chronicle, Frimpong won't get much game time, as Enoh will be fit & available for selection soon.
I would also like to see Kacaniklic get some game time again but hope to see Emanuelson on the left against Sunderland

Bassey the warrior

I guess it's bye bye for Diarra then. Shame, real shame.

Stefano Okaka Chuka

I love Duffer but lately he has not been up to the form he showed at the start of the season. Maybe it's time Emanuelson gets his chance in the starting 11, but you have to consider we'll need to defend against Chelsea and even though Emanuelson is willing to track back, he lacks experience in the english top flight and so Duff could be an asset...Also, he seems to enjoy playing against former teams. So, I'll stick by him against Chelsea and maybe give a chance to Emanuelson versus the haha's...
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

Jack Fulham

This is the only change I would make for Sunderland. Will offer us a bit more going forward.

FFC1987

Can anyone clarify the contract situation of Frimpong, is he available on a free this summer or only in summer 2014? Further to this, has anyone seen enough of Enoh and Dench to suggest who would be a better player now/in the future?

JackyFulham90

I think Enoh will play ahead of Frimpong but either will do well to get in infront of Sidwell & Karagounis

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: FFC1987 on February 26, 2013, 04:26:20 PM
Can anyone clarify the contract situation of Frimpong, is he available on a free this summer or only in summer 2014? Further to this, has anyone seen enough of Enoh and Dench to suggest who would be a better player now/in the future?

Even if Frimpong is free we will need to pay compensation given his age.

PokerMatt

Quote from: The Moose on February 26, 2013, 10:55:18 PM

Does that rule not only apply if Arsenal have offered him a contract equal/better than his current deal and he opts for another one elsewhere?

I could be wrong, but I always thought compensation is to protect clubs who lose players they want to hang on to, not ones they are allowing to leave.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: The Moose on February 26, 2013, 03:02:38 PM
I guess it's bye bye for Diarra then. Shame, real shame.
Quote from: JackyFulham90 on February 26, 2013, 02:44:05 PM
Diarra looks likely to miss the rest of the season reports Fulham Chronicle, Frimpong won't get much game time, as Enoh will be fit & available for selection soon.
I would also like to see Kacaniklic get some game time again but hope to see Emanuelson on the left against Sunderland

It does not read to me that it is quite as certain as that for Diarra though it does not look good:

" . . .

And Jol admits Diarra is nowhere near a return to action.

"Diarra is still not right," said the Dutchman.

"He will need quite a while to come back, hopefully before the end of the season.

"He had an operation, looked better and then had a rest and it was even more painful.

"Hopefully in the next couple of weeks we will know more."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-fc/2013/02/26/fulham-midfielder-suffers-injury-setback-82029-32884153/#ixzz2M3BS4yHx

The Equalizer

Duff has had more goal assists than any other Fulham player this season so far. I wouldn't let him go just yet.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

MJG

Quote from: PokerMatt on February 26, 2013, 11:02:17 PM

Does that rule not only apply if Arsenal have offered him a contract equal/better than his current deal and he opts for another one elsewhere?

I could be wrong, but I always thought compensation is to protect clubs who lose players they want to hang on to, not ones they are allowing to leave.
if as a player,no matter of age, you are offered a contract at the end of your current one, and it is less pay, you can walk with no fee required by a new team.
Offers have to match or be better than a current contract. If no offer made then you are a free transfer.

PokerMatt

Quote from: MJG on February 27, 2013, 12:21:24 PM
Quote from: PokerMatt on February 26, 2013, 11:02:17 PM

if as a player,no matter of age, you are offered a contract at the end of your current one, and it is less pay, you can walk with no fee required by a new team.
Offers have to match or be better than a current contract. If no offer made then you are a free transfer.

Yep, that's what I thought/said.

My thinking was presumably Arsenal aren't going to be desperate to keep him, thus will offer him less or no deal at all and he can move for free.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

FFC1987

Cheers guys, I didn't know the rules and thought someone here would. So Frimpong maybe on a free at the end of the year, is he better than Enoh though? I think i'd play the player I was hoping to keep on surely?

filham

Look we have only seen a few minutes of Emanuelson , we really can't say how he will perform in the premiership, I just hope he adusts better than Ruiz who is still looking slow after a season and a half.

Duff on the other hand has played so many games for us and is always so reliable. OK he was rather quiet against Stoke last week but I bet he will be looking his old self again against Chelsea.

epsomraver

Quote from: The Equalizer on February 27, 2013, 11:57:09 AM
Duff has had more goal assists than any other Fulham player this season so far. I wouldn't let him go just yet.
:plus one:I wonder what games people watch sometimes, his movement off the ball is very good, something not always obvious from the tv screen.

Chutney

There is not one shred of evidence to suggest that emanuelson is better than duff, duff has been consistent for us for the whole season and is always a threat, I would start him ahead of emanuelson, who is unproven, every week.
C O Y W

Zu-Meister

i dont understand why jol insists on playing emanuelson in the middle.

HatterDon

Quote from: Zu-Meister on February 27, 2013, 10:38:33 PM
i dont understand why jol insists on playing emanuelson in the middle.

How many minutes has the guy had on the pitch?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

A Humble Man

Emanuelson looks a bit feeble to me and until he toughens up is only sub materiel.
We Are Fulham, Believe.