more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham u18 5 CFC u18's 0 Video Highlights

Started by Mr-ska, February 26, 2013, 04:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommy

Jamie88

Pat Roberts just looks insanely good for someone of his age. I genuinely think it'll be a miracle if we manage to keep hold of him after the age of 19-20

Mr-ska

Im hoping our new financial security means we dont have to let our more promising youngsters go.  The Under 18's look so strong.  Id be disappointed if we dont bring at least 4 or 5 through to our first team squad.

Chelsea's defence looked woeful..

Jamie88

Quote from: Mr-ska on February 26, 2013, 06:12:14 PM
Im hoping our new financial security means we dont have to let our more promising youngsters go.  The Under 18's look so strong.  Id be disappointed if we dont bring at least 4 or 5 through to our first team squad.

Chelsea's defence looked woeful..

Yeah, but it happens doesnt it.. Every time there is a youngster who really stands out, if a top 4 club goes in for them its almost unpreventable get them to stay and sign another contract..

cmg

Pat Roberts frightens me every time I see him play.
It's frightening to think what he could become if he continues to improve. It's also frightening to think of the clubs out there who know all about him.
Still, it must help to have his Dad playing inside him in the 10 jersey!

Talking of Maumer Tankovic (he's not really his dad - I was joking OK?), I see he came on as sub for the u21s against Villa and hit the bar and then laid on a goal for Cauley Woodrow. I believe Woodrow is still qualified for u18s, too. Interesting times.

jmh

Quote from: Jamie88 on February 26, 2013, 06:06:19 PM
Pat Roberts just looks insanely good for someone of his age. I genuinely think it'll be a miracle if we manage to keep hold of him after the age of 19-20
Forgive my ignorance, but which one is he?

cmg

Quote from: jmh on February 26, 2013, 06:44:27 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on February 26, 2013, 06:06:19 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but which one is he?

He's the little no. 7

Magics his way through the defence to set up the third. Scores the fifth.

Rhys Lightning 63

Note how for the 5th goal, as soon as the keeper caught the ball from the corner, we offered an immediate option for the counter attack. The first teamers could learn something from this lot
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Mr-ska

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on February 26, 2013, 07:17:15 PM
Note how for the 5th goal, as soon as the keeper caught the ball from the corner, we offered an immediate option for the counter attack. The first teamers could learn something from this lot
I agree.. plus getting bodies in the box when counter attacking!

Burt

CurryForMario

Can't wait to see Dembele in action for the first team!
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

Mr-ska

How old is Dembele..  i was told he's only 16.  Biggest 16 year old ive seen.

SouthfieldWhite

It's an exciting team, and Pat Roberts impressed me first time I saw him and have been raving about him for some time, but he has to keep his feet on the ground, which I'm sure he will
There are others in the u18s who also will have a chance of making it in the first team, but its a massive step up and I'm sure they will be given a chance when / if they are ready

I'm going to watch the u18s away to Crystal Palace on Saturday so looking forward to that

SG

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on February 27, 2013, 08:35:54 AM
It's an exciting team, and Pat Roberts impressed me first time I saw him and have been raving about him for some time, but he has to keep his feet on the ground, which I'm sure he will
There are others in the u18s who also will have a chance of making it in the first team, but its a massive step up and I'm sure they will be given a chance when / if they are ready

I'm going to watch the u18s away to Crystal Palace on Saturday so looking forward to that

Yourself and ElGreenio seem to know more about these young lads than most so I am grateful for any updates. The U21 team on Monday night against Villa was all young lads (many of whom were in the U18 team last season) together with Briggs and Etheridge. As it is the club's stated intention according to Huw Jennings of having 40% of the first team squad of 25 made up of academy players in 2014, a good proportion of these lads have to be lined up as first team prospects.