watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The way to beat Everton in April

Started by Rudolph, February 27, 2013, 12:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudolph

Get Hangeland up front for the first 30 mins.  Howard went to Pieces last night when Matt Smith come on, as he did in the previous game.  They didn't look comfortable dealing with his height at all.  The American is rubbish at claiming crosses, so route 1 tactics with Hughes and Senderos at the back providing equally accurate long balls to Hangeland.  Get a couple of goals, sub Hughes and get Hangeland back in defence.

This is the year chaps!

cottage cheese

but then who is going to mark Fellaini up the other end?

Rudolph

Quote from: cottage cheese on February 27, 2013, 01:08:16 PM

Yikes, didn't think about that as he wasn't playing last night.

My plan isn't foolproof, but it's a plan nonetheless.

Burt

A bold idea.

Not sure it is entirely foolproof though  :dft011:

Fellaini needs to be man-marked out of the game.

Rudolph

Quote from: Burt on February 27, 2013, 03:13:05 PM
A bold idea.

Not sure it is entirely foolproof though  :dft011:

Fellaini needs to be man-marked out of the game.

Indeed he does.  I did post in jest, but I've never seen Everton so uncomfortable as the last couple of games.  Even at 3-0 when Mat Smith scored, you could see them evidently edgy.  Just don't want it to be another rollover as previous years.

HatterDon

Everton's quick start masked some serious deficiencies in their back four. They're still capable of being run over. Jelavic is playing extremely poorly, so they're weakened in attack as well. The best defense against Felleini is a ref that isn't blind. He commits bookable fouls about every half hour.

As an American and a huge Tim Howard fan, I have to agree with Mr. Rudolph that Howard is having a crap season. I don't know whether it's the disarray up front, but I'm concerned that it has spilled over into his play for our national team.

If we don't roll up into ball saying, "Please don't hurt me"  like we often do against teams above us in the league, I think we stand a good chance of turning them over. It wasn't that long ago since we had taken three points from them at the Cottage every season.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Riverside

Quote from: Rudolph on February 27, 2013, 01:11:01 PM
Quote from: cottage cheese on February 27, 2013, 01:08:16 PM

Yikes, didn't think about that as he wasn't playing last night.

My plan isn't foolproof, but it's a plan nonetheless.

Keep Hangeland to mark Fellaini

Stick Senderos upfront ( there his mistake a game will not give away a goal !) ?

Northern Cottager

We all know that we never have a man far enough up the pitch to cause a threat, never mind mark their keeper.