watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Felipe Santana

Started by Baider, February 27, 2013, 08:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baider

Out of favour with Dortmund and is willing to leave the club this summer to find first team football. Big, strong, pacey center half who I think would be perfect for us. He started against Bayern tonight (Hummels has a virus) and he's looked ok. What does anyone else think?

SKSW6

It'd take a hell of a player to displace Hummels or Subotic in their starting line up, so the fact that he isn't a starter for them shouldn't be taken as him being a poor player. Will only have a year left on his contract at the end of the season as well, though I reckon there'll be bigger clubs than us interested in him if he does decide to move.

westcliff white

I thought he was a musician ;)
Every day is a Fulham day

CurryForMario

Felipe Santana is great on Fifa - I'll take him!
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

A Humble Man

Quote from: CurryForMario on February 28, 2013, 06:39:44 AM

If only computer games could reflect reality.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

tommy

Quote from: A Humble Man on February 28, 2013, 07:45:49 AM

Lol. The funny thing is though these games are now so accurate that they pretty much do reflect reality.

A Humble Man

Quote from: tommy on February 28, 2013, 07:58:23 AM

Lol. The funny thing is though these games are now so accurate that they pretty much do reflect reality.

In that case why don't the chaps who compile the statistics manage a top football club?
We Are Fulham, Believe.

tommy

What's managing a top football club got to do with scouting players for a computer game?

FFCByTheRiver

Quote from: A Humble Man on February 28, 2013, 08:07:02 AM

In that case why don't the chaps who compile the statistics manage a top football club?

http://kotaku.com/5962706/student-gets-a-football-manager-job-based-on-football-manager-prowess

Just amazing.

HatterDon

fp.gif fp.gif fp.gif

Quote from: tommy on February 28, 2013, 08:08:25 AM
What's managing a top football club got to do with scouting players for a computer game?

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :yay: :yay: :yay:
fp.gif fp.gif fp.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jack Fulham

Quote from: A Humble Man on February 28, 2013, 08:07:02 AM

Not sure where this is going but computer games are fairly accurate with player ratings due to data available. Felipe Santana is a good player in real life so FIFA so FIFA have made him a good player on their game. People that play the game or make the game doesn't make them know it alls or managers, it just makes them aware. Yes, computer games sometimes make mistakes and yes so do football managers.

The game football manager has over 1000 scouts throughout the entire world and Everton actually started using their database. There can't be many football clubs with a scouting network that big.

Mr K.Dilkington

Once we get Santana then all we need is Dede and David Luiz and we'll have the most overpowered defence in the premier league!.  :Haynes The Maestro:
Foolish ham

..Kya.ffc..

Quote from: Jack Fulham on February 28, 2013, 03:38:48 PM
[...]The game football manager has over 1000 scouts throughout the entire world and Everton actually started using their database. There can't be many football clubs with a scouting network that big.

Was about say that:
Think I heard somewhere that Everton have a bought exclusive access to the football manager database.

Beat me to it, and confirms that im not the only one who heard that.
Beers may have been involved in this post.

FFC1987

Sorry, are we really saying that we could use a fifa database as a means of scouting? This is a wind up right?

..Kya.ffc..

A database is static and can't take everything into account. But it seems like everton have found a use for it as a tool when it comes to scouting.

But no a game database would never be the prime scouting resource for a club. That said it may still be a usefull tool in the process as a whole, especially if it have a certain quality, and one could argue that some of the game databases out there have that.
Beers may have been involved in this post.

Baider

Jose mourinho has admitted to using football manager to scout players before. Anyone who says FM is not accurate literlally has no idea to the work and effort that goes into it

jmh

Quote from: Baider on February 28, 2013, 05:19:07 PM
Jose mourinho has admitted to using football manager to scout players before. Anyone who says FM is not accurate literlally has no idea to the work and effort that goes into it
Exactly.  Nobody is saying that any team is going to sign a player in real life just based on him being good in a video game, but as one of a number of resources, it's worthwhile.  Going with the example of Everton, they currently employ three scouts (according to transfermarkt).  Just practically speaking, there's no way those three guys are going to be able to be familiar with the tens (hundreds?) of thousands of players around the world, especially the ones in South America and Africa and Southeast Asia where they're less likely to have personal connections feeding them information.  That being the case, a resource that's able to tell them that Club A in Argentina has a couple of prospects who might be worth looking into might prompt them to use their finite time and resources scouting Club A rather than Club B in Brazil.  The more information they have, the better off they are IMO.

EJL

Quote from: FFC1987 on February 28, 2013, 04:13:52 PM
Sorry, are we really saying that we could use a fifa database as a means of scouting? This is a wind up right?
Everton are in alliance with the guys behind the Football Manager database.