watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Should Bryan Ruiz score more goals?

Started by Frankie-Peter Taylor, February 27, 2013, 09:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankie-Peter Taylor

The obvious answer is "yes, everyone could do with more goals." But with Bryan Ruiz, he has so much talent and creativity, I do think we should be looking at him for a lack of goals. He's a superb footballer but I think from that second striker type of role, he should fire more attempts at the goalkeeper like Clint Dempsey did.

Just a question, he's a few assists this season but I think he's only scored once...

Just a question, cue a goal for him this weekend.

Jack Fulham

He's a scorer of great goals only!

Gets most of his shots on target, the problem is, most his shots are from outside the box which increases the keepers chances of saving them. If he got in the box more, he would score as shown by his record at Twente. The problem is not many of our players actually get in the box and because Bryan is burdened with the playmaker role, he has to play deeper and pull the strings rather than make the runs into the box.

LRCN

Bassey the warrior

He's been unlucky not to score more goals, has come close on plenty of occasions, but certainly he should have scored more. For me he should be finishing with 5-10 goals as he's an excellent finisher.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Yes - he doesn't shoot enough.  

Yes - perhaps he should take our free kicks

Yes - like a lot of other players he seems to defer to Berbatov; passing to him when he is better off taking it on himself

Enter the Frei

yes he should score more. I thought he was going to after his start to the season, but to be honest he's not been as good since his injury.

HatterDon

of course! Has there been some restriction I'd not heard about?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RidgeRider

well, I don't know if he should score more goals, but I would certainly like him too..... ;)

CurryForMario

I think he's definitely able to get 10 goals a season - he's our best free kick taker and he can find himself in very advanced positions sometimes.
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

A Humble Man

I don't think he is allowed to go in the box and he may not want to disobey the manager.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

tommy

He doesn't get forward enough to score that many goals, that's why all his goals are pretty much from range. I'd like to see him get forward and score more though, but we need some better CM's first. Pus Berbatov gets in hiss way.

A Humble Man

Ruiz plays behind Berbatov so if he runs forward he just bumps into him.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

RaySmith

He has been unlucky - hitting the  post/bar/just wide - and, as said , he doesn't play far enough forward to score more.

grandad

We were saying the same about Dembele. I am quite happy for Ruiz to be provider. He will score more with a bit more help from midfield.
Where there's a will there's a wife

filham

Our success in attack is based on the Ruiz/Berbatov partnership creating chances and scoring gpoals. As far as I can see this partnership is not at the moment bothering defences too much and needs sharpening. Lets not put pressure on Ruiz to score more goals just yet, the first priority is to add a little speed to the way he and Berbatov play in order to create more chances, the goals will then follow.

Riverside

Yes and he will . IF
1) he stays at 10 and not on the Wing
2) the midfield press up so he can play in the final 3rd of the pitch. Even better the box !

MJG

Yes, I do wonder how the hell he scored 30 goals in a season or whatever it was.
Can't believe he always turned around with the ball the way he does,when he was in holland.

JBH

Another question should be:

Should Mark Schwarzer keep more Clean Sheets?? 065.gif

cmg

Bryan Ruiz is a beautiful striker of the ball and should be expected to score more frequently than he does. If he is not netting at least five a season he is underperforming in this area (whatever position he plays [as long as they don't put him in goal]). I don't understand why he is not our main man for free-kicks in sight of goal.

Obviously he isn't going to be scoring the 24-odd goals he got for Twente playing as deep as he does for us. Also Premier League defenders tend to do nasty things like tackle, mark and (unless you are David Luiz) generally look interested in defending, things which don't, as a rule, feature in the Eredivisie. He is, also, not very quick and, being so conspicuously one footed, a bit predictable.

Most of all, I think he lacks confidence. A couple of those 'wonder' goals (as in "I wonder if he'll ever get a simple tap-in") should sort that out.