watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Looks like Chelsea fans have finally forced Rafa out

Started by Jack Fulham, February 27, 2013, 10:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Fulham

Huge rant in his post match press conference, criticised fans and the board.

Wingnut

Strange timing as they are through to the later stages of two cup competitions. Interesting that he goes on about fans with agendas; his beloved Liverpool fans beat everyone else hands down when it comes to agendas and childish banners. I think he completely underestimated the level of passion that Chelsea fans have. He bought into the "best fans in the world" notion that Liverpool fans have and dug himself a hole which makes it very difficult to go to any other CL contending club in the league.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

cottage cheese

he lost is in that interview..should be fun for him next game

HatterDon

the supporters have been trashing him every match since he signed. Imagine Fulham is up 2-0 and the Hammersmith End is chanting, "There's only one Mark Hughes."

Take the money and run, Rafa. ALL Chelsea managers are interim with Abramovich is charge.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

bill taylors apprentice

Credit to him for speaking his mind, take the money and run!

Rhys Lightning 63

'Forced Rafa out' - I thought he was already out in the summer, thus the title 'interim' manager
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

St Eve

Quote from: HatterDon on February 27, 2013, 11:41:52 PM
the supporters have been trashing him every match since he signed. Imagine Fulham is up 2-0 and the Hammersmith End is chanting, "There's only one Mark Hughes."
Take the money and run, Rafa. ALL Chelsea managers are interim with Abramovich is charge.
poor example. Change Hughes for Hodgson and the manager is Pulis.

shnlwswlkr

To be honest I would be pee'd if I was a Chelsea fan and he was put in as manager. I think he is now speaking out in the hope he gets sacked before the Summer. He wants out now.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

cmg

Typical example of 'rich man's stupidity'.

No point in an 'interim' manager with a short term contract. It shows you don't really have any confidence in him - might as well stick with the old one if you are anticipating making a change at the season's end. Especially so given the circumstances at Chelsea with a hardcore of established, opinionated, but ageing, stars.

Chelsea fans basically hate anyone who isn't Mourinho. Abramovich thinks (not without some justification) that he can buy whatever or whoever he wants. He took a punt on Rafa and seems to have lost (although he won't notice). The only real winner is Rafa, who can now take it easy for the rest of the season.

The Equalizer

One of the most successful football managers in the World and they're not happy with him.

I hope they drop out of 4th place sooner rather than later and get to wallow in the knowledge that their little run of having cups and titles bought for them is well and truly over.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Baider

I really don't understand what all this commotion is about, he only signed a one year contract and was always going to leave in the summer.

Patrick

No wonder Pep Guardiola would have nothing to do with this outfit....

FFC1987

I personally think Rafa lost his way atLiverpool, after all the money he spent, the squad he left them with was pitiful!!!!

MaxxiM

I don't like Rafa and his style at all, but credit to him for speaking his mind. There is no point of trashing the manager like this. Everyone at Chelsea is undermining his authority - fans, players and even the owner. Respect to him for not giving up and still willing to continue work under the circumstances, true professional.

The Equalizer

Quote from: FFC1987 on February 28, 2013, 11:09:34 AM
I personally think Rafa lost his way atLiverpool, after all the money he spent, the squad he left them with was pitiful!!!!

To be fair to Benitez, that was right in the middle of the Hicks and Gillette affair, so I doubt that he had either the money nor the backing to do a lot at the club.

At the end of the day, he's a bloody good football manager. His track record proves as much. Chelsea are deluded if they think that they will get a good quality manager again. They have turned that role into a poisoned chalice with the amount of managers they've been through in recent years. Although I reckon Mark Hughes would jump at the chance of having a go!

In fact.... Dear Mr Abramovich, I have a recommendation for the position of 'Manager' at your little club. Mark Hughes has a proven track record at selling himself and I believe he would suit your rich club immensely..

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

FFC1987

Quote from: The Equalizer on February 28, 2013, 11:34:55 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on February 28, 2013, 11:09:34 AM

To be fair to Benitez, that was right in the middle of the Hicks and Gillette affair, so I doubt that he had either the money nor the backing to do a lot at the club.

At the end of the day, he's a bloody good football manager. His track record proves as much. Chelsea are deluded if they think that they will get a good quality manager again. They have turned that role into a poisoned chalice with the amount of managers they've been through in recent years. Although I reckon Mark Hughes would jump at the chance of having a go!

In fact.... Dear Mr Abramovich, I have a recommendation for the position of 'Manager' at your little club. Mark Hughes has a proven track record at selling himself and I believe he would suit your rich club immensely..

If you check how much he actually spent, he had ample amounts and used it poorly overall. Like I said, any quality manager would build a far better squad with money available etc. I just don't think the guy is as good as he's portrayed by some parts of the media. HOWEVER I don't dislike him as a personality, he seems a good enough guy and at this interview, at his breaking point. I think the guy was be arrogant but who isn't with his track record.

TonyGilroy

He's been out of work for quite a while, gets offered one of the biggest jobs in football and is treated appallingly from day one before he's begun to start work.

If it were only the fans then it would be part of his job to get them on board but it also appears to be the owner, the Board that appointed him and senior players who don't seem to be willing to be managed by anyone.

He's entitled to be angry and to make his feelings known.

filham

Those Chelsea fans are going to be difficult to satisfy, the only choices for new manager that I think will make them happy are :-

1. Mourino
                  2.Terry
                  3. Lampard
                  4. Di Matteo
Of course Abromovich will not choose any of these so the fans and the new manager will be in for another 12 months of conflict. Ah, what a shame!

Burt

Feel sorry for Rafa really. A decent bloke, and a proven manager. He has a boss who isn't committed and a bunch of fans who won't put aside bygones and prejudices to support him.

HatterDon

If I could get a contract from Abramovich for the last two months of the season, I would be able to pay all my debts, buy two Fulham season tickets and get a private jet to fly us over for each of the matches.

The single biggest problem with people rapidly accumulating obscene wealth is that they believe it makes them a genius. The second greatest problem is that they have no concept how to spend it.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel