Main Menu

So following the Chelsea result, we will have no home games in March

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, February 28, 2013, 01:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

Both our games are away to Sunderland and Spurs, and Q.P.HAHA is on April 1st
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Airfix

I spotted that.  Have we ever gone a whole calendar month inside a season without a home game?

Mrs AF is, as you can imagine, constructing a list of jobs to be done as we speak.

Rhys Lightning 63

To be honest, I'm completely bored at the back of class, so I'm just filling the time by making topics

LukeJennings

When is the match scheduled to be played?! I booked this Sunday off work for the game.. Gutted
Twitter; @lukealele

My YouTube channel - http://m.youtube.com/user/LukeJennings9

Please subscribe!

Airfix

Quote from: LukeJennings on February 28, 2013, 03:33:36 PM
When is the match scheduled to be played?! I booked this Sunday off work for the game.. Gutted

No date yet, and I am unsurprised at that.  Much will depend on the dark side's progress through the FA Cup and Europa League.  I'd suspect late April, though.

Burt

timmyg

I'm more confused why the scheduling wizards think it's wise to only have two games in the entire month of March, when this is supposed to be the meat of the season?

FA Cup and a non-clinching international break. My word March is a terrible footballing month.
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

Rhys Lightning 63

Well I know how I'm spending my match days

9th March: Guildford City v Biggleswade Town
12th March: Oldham Athletic v Hartlepool
19th March: Aldershot Town v AFC Wimbledon

Airfix

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on February 28, 2013, 11:54:42 PM

You'd darned we'll better be supporting the away side!  Seriously though, get down to Wey Court to see the mighty Godalming Town play. They knock GC into a cocked hat.

Burt

Hampton & Richmond are playing Enfield on the 9th, and Wealdstone on the 23rd.

You think we had a bad run of form... At the end of November H&R were top, undefeated in their first 11 matches, but since then have only managed 3 wins in their last 16.

Oh, they do have a midweek derby match v. the Met Police next Tuesday.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Airfix on March 01, 2013, 12:42:15 AM

You'd darned we'll better be supporting the away side!  Seriously though, get down to Wey Court to see the mighty Godalming Town play. They knock GC into a cocked hat.

I'm actually reporting on it for The Non-League Paper

Airfix

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on March 01, 2013, 10:34:31 AM
Quote from: Airfix on March 01, 2013, 12:42:15 AM

I'm actually reporting on it for The Non-League Paper

Then tell the world how rubbish GC are.  And get down to Wey Court on the 16th for Godalming Town vs. Leighton Town.  Home team fighting to finish first vs. visitors battling against relegation.  I'm hoping for a number of goals and plan to attend.

rusty shackleford

Just to note our 2 games after qpr are also away. So thats 4 away games out of 5. I think i can remember our europa final year having 5 away games in a row in febuary? Might be wrong. We lost them all

HatterDon

Quote from: rusty shackleford on March 02, 2013, 11:26:33 AM
Just to note our 2 games after qpr are also away. So thats 4 away games out of 5. I think i can remember our europa final year having 5 away games in a row in febuary? Might be wrong. We lost them all

This is one of the reasons why many of us were seriously concerned about our survival in the Prem just a few matches ago. Things are looking a bit better now, and three points today will makes things even brighter.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

filham

There seems to have been too many long periods of inactivity at the Cotttage this season, it is hard on the faithful but suits the non committed TV fans as there is usually something available for them to watch.