watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Edin Dzeko set to leave Man City

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, February 28, 2013, 01:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

Yes, no, maybe? Said he'd be willing to take a paycut as well (just like Berbatov). Any takers?

With Petric leaving in the summer (I think we only got him on a one year deal, may be wrong), we'll be left with two strikers (if you dis-count the youngsters like Trotta).

Would we have any chance?
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

FFC1987

I'd certainly take him but we literally have no chance of it. Hes a champions league striker surely?

cebu

Dzeko's transfer fee will make Bryan's look like peanuts.

The fact is that any club he goes to may pay less gross salary than the Mancs, but it'll still be way out of Fulham's wage structure - even the watered down Berba version of it.

Sorry mate, but this is really a bridge too far ... but if you can wangle it somehow, please go ahead!!!

JackyFulham90

He will not join Fulham, he is going back to Germany this summer I think

Mr K.Dilkington

A bit too similar to Berbatov in my opinion. I know Berbatov isn't very good in the air etc, but I still think we need someone like Darren Bent, with a bit of pace and proven in the premier league.
Foolish ham

..Kya.ffc..

Not a chance! But would certainly take him.

I guess you never know if he comes out of the closet and proclaim his love for Fulham and that he had been a fan since he was 5. The chance of this happening is - well.. I'll let ya'll decide.
Beers may have been involved in this post.

jmh

Quote from: FFC to the Max on February 28, 2013, 03:37:32 PM
A bit too similar to Berbatov in my opinion. I know Berbatov isn't very good in the air etc, but I still think we need someone like Darren Bent, with a bit of pace and proven in the premier league.
Dzeko has 26 goals since the start of the 2011-12 Premier League season despite fighting for playing time, I'm not sure how much more "proven" you want a guy to be.  Bent hasn't scored double digits since his fluky 2009-10 season and has a whopping two goals this year. 

That being said, we have no chance of signing him, even if he would fit the pattern of us signing guys who played against us in the Europa League.

Jack Fulham

Would be interesting to see where Dzeko goes, class player on wages only a few teams would be able to pay. Maybe back to Germany with Dortmund? Looks like they're going to lose Lewandowski this summer. I honestly don't think he has that many options even if he is available as he is on 100k + a week. I suppose PSG would take him if he was willing to play second fiddle to Zlatan.

CurryForMario

He'll go to a top four club easily, however I can see him leaving and going abroad to a champions league team
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: jmh on February 28, 2013, 04:28:07 PM
Dzeko has 26 goals since the start of the 2011-12 Premier League season despite fighting for playing time, I'm not sure how much more "proven" you want a guy to be.  Bent hasn't scored double digits since his fluky 2009-10 season and has a whopping two goals this year. 

That being said, we have no chance of signing him, even if he would fit the pattern of us signing guys who played against us in the Europa League.
Bent has barely played this season, thus making his scoring record look like a joke, for whatever reason Lambert clearly dislikes him even though arguably he's their best striker alongside Benteke. One thing you've failed to mention is unlike Dzeko, Bent doesn't play for Manchester City who have the likes of David Silva and Yaya Toure to feed him goals. On top of that Dzeko has even hinted that he'd like to return to the Bundesliga so i think even suggesting him coming here in the first place is rather ludicrous, Bent is a cheaper more applicable option in my opinion who'll get you goals if given the right service.
Foolish ham

jmh

Quote from: FFC to the Max on February 28, 2013, 05:30:00 PM

Bent has barely played this season, thus making his scoring record look like a joke, for whatever reason Lambert clearly dislikes him even though arguably he's their best striker alongside Benteke. One thing you've failed to mention is unlike Dzeko, Bent doesn't play for Manchester City who have the likes of David Silva and Yaya Toure to feed him goals. On top of that Dzeko has even hinted that he'd like to return to the Bundesliga so i think even suggesting him coming here in the first place is rather ludicrous, Bent is a cheaper more applicable option in my opinion who'll get you goals if given the right service.
I agree that suggesting Dzeko will come to Fulham is ludicrous (see my second paragraph above), but suggesting that he isn't a proven Premier League-quality player is equally ludicrous.

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: jmh on February 28, 2013, 05:32:23 PM

I agree that suggesting Dzeko will come to Fulham is ludicrous (see my second paragraph above), but suggesting that he isn't a proven Premier League-quality player is equally ludicrous.
But wouldn't you agree that most players who are half decent would score alot of goals while playing up front in a team of that calibre?
Foolish ham

HatterDon

Quote from: FFC to the Max on February 28, 2013, 05:36:46 PM
Quote from: jmh on February 28, 2013, 05:32:23 PM

But wouldn't you agree that most players who are half decent would score alot of goals while playing up front in a team of that calibre?

Not really. Santa Cruz is one who couldn't and there have been others. I don't care how good the supply is, players have to work hard and get into attacking positions constantly.

By the way, Dzeko has nothing to prove to me. He is a consistent and lethal goalscorer.

Where's the link that says he's leaving City, by the way. With Balotelli gone, he's finally getting regular minutes. Why would he leave?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mr K.Dilkington

Foolish ham

Burt

EJL

Quote from: HatterDon on February 28, 2013, 06:31:00 PM

Not really. Santa Cruz is one who couldn't and there have been others. I don't care how good the supply is, players have to work hard and get into attacking positions constantly.

By the way, Dzeko has nothing to prove to me. He is a consistent and lethal goalscorer.

Where's the link that says he's leaving City, by the way. With Balotelli gone, he's finally getting regular minutes. Why would he leave?
Only papers reporting it are the Sun, the Mirror and the Daily Mail.

Also, although Santa Cruz's career has tailed off in recent years, I have to disagree. During his time at City he only started eight games (in two seasons!) and had Adebayor and Tevez for competition. He didn't really get a chance. I'm not saying that he would've scored thirty goals had he been given more game time, I just think it's a harsh example.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: EJL on February 28, 2013, 08:17:05 PM
Also, although Santa Cruz's career has tailed off in recent years, I have to disagree. During his time at City he only started eight games (in two seasons!) and had Adebayor and Tevez for competition. He didn't really get a chance. I'm not saying that he would've scored thirty goals had he been given more game time, I just think it's a harsh example.

Santa Cruz is the epitome of a one season wonder, never hit double digits in the league in any other season that the one at Blackburn.

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

EJL

Quote from: God The Mechanic on February 28, 2013, 08:56:26 PM
Quote from: EJL on February 28, 2013, 08:17:05 PM
Santa Cruz is the epitome of a one season wonder, never hit double digits in the league in any other season that the one at Blackburn.
Not disputing that, at least, I don't intend to. Just saying that it's a harsh example given the limited game time he had there.