watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kaca out on loan

Started by FFCByTheRiver, March 01, 2013, 10:33:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterHaynes

I think last season proved its about his confidence. His time at Watford brought him on in leaps and bounds and straight in to our first team, shame he couldn't go back there. Being part of a promotion push playing in a team full of confident players could take him to the next level.
I think he has the skill and attributes to establish himself,he just needs to build his confidence and convince himself he can change games, learn how to handle the mental side when things are difficult or being frozen out of a game, Duff would be a great mentor there.
Playing regular first team football and not thinking about whether he might not even make the matchday squad is the only way to build confidence and experience he needs at this point in his career, just look at Bannon at Villa, last season fantastic at times this season struggled.

Bassey the warrior

He's young and inconsistent. He'll get more consistent with age and he'll become more well rounded a player.

cmg

The progress of young players is often unneven. Kacaniklic had an impressive debut season, gained a full cap but has subsequently struggled to establish himself, this is far from unusual (I believe our US friends refer to the 'sophomore slump'). He will come good in the fullness of time.

Although a young team of talent is to be preferred to an old team of equal talent, in the end it is the talent that is important.
Consider this outfit preceeded by their ages at the time: 33 Dida, 30 Oddo, 30 Nesta, 38 Maldini, 29 Jankulovski, 29 Gattuso, 27 Pirlo, 29 Ambrosini, 30 Seedorf, 24 Kaka, 33 Inzaghi (subs) 34 Kalac, 36 Cafu, 28 Kaladze, 24 Gilardino, 31 Brocchi, 35 Serginho, 35 Favalli. No, not a veterans XI but the AC Milan squad which won the 2007 European Champions League.

filham

Quote from: JBH on March 01, 2013, 01:56:59 PM
And you Mr Hatter need to take a reality check and realise that players over 30 who may or may not be leaving in the Summer are important to have in the team as they have experience and anyway apart from Duffers who over 30 who is currently in our midfield is keeping Kaca out of the side bearing in mind he palys wide and not in the centre?

I suspect Duff, Richardson, Emanueslon , Ruiz and Rodallega are all  ahead of Kaca for that wide left place.

Regrettably Kaca has not lived uo to his early promise , We still need a couple of wins to ensure safety and it is essential we field our strongest team. Kaca has had several opportunities, a spell away on loan may help him develop.

St Eve

Quote from: Boggers on March 01, 2013, 04:10:44 PM
Personally I don't think he's good enough for us, if we want to push on for a top ten place. He has pace but rarely beats his man, he can't cross and he leaves the full back exposed by not tracking back. I think he's scored twice (Norwich and WBA?) so he's not prolific either.

I think his level is bottom half of the Prem/top half of the Championship so the loan makes sense.

We have Duff, Urby, Dejagah and Richardson who I rate above Kaca.

Average age of the squad is totally irrelevant if the team is playing well*

*See Giorgos Karagounis
I have to disagree. Kaca is better than all of the above 4 you mentioned and to even suggest Richardson has to be a wind up

JackyFulham90

Good move for Burnley I feel
We have Dejagah , Duff , Emanuelson , Rodallega , Richardson who can play on the wing
Also Davies & Frei are back fit maybe that's why he he has been loaned out

bulgariawhite

I think that the relevant point on these latest loan deals is MJ's statement that "they would probably only get two ganes between now and the end of season"
They need regular first team games to gain the experience in pressure environments. Watford pushing for promotion and Burnley just outside the play-offs is a challenging situation. Working under Zola can't be bad for eductaion. IMO this is sensible management. Trotta at Brentford has got more confidence and experience now and can only improve for us in the furture

Boggers

Quote from: St Eve on March 01, 2013, 09:08:59 PM
Quote from: Boggers on March 01, 2013, 04:10:44 PM
Personally I don't think he's good enough for us, if we want to push on for a top ten place. He has pace but rarely beats his man, he can't cross and he leaves the full back exposed by not tracking back. I think he's scored twice (Norwich and WBA?) so he's not prolific either.

I think his level is bottom half of the Prem/top half of the Championship so the loan makes sense.

We have Duff, Urby, Dejagah and Richardson who I rate above Kaca.

Average age of the squad is totally irrelevant if the team is playing well*

*See Giorgos Karagounis
I have to disagree. Kaca is better than all of the above 4 you mentioned and to even suggest Richardson has to be a wind up

I would honestly start Richardson wide left over Kaca, I just don't think he (Kaca) will ever be a starter in a top ten side. Admittedly Richardson has been rubbish in LM for us but I don't think he's fully fit and we haven't seen his best yet.

To say that Kaca is better Duff could also be construed as a wind up.
"I never comment on referees and I'm not about to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" - Ron Atkinson

http://alrightbeav.wordpress.com/

@shutuposhea

HatterDon

Here's the thing, though. If we loan out everyone in the squad who isn't as good as Duff, we'd be left without enough players to field a team on any given Saturday.

Many of us feel that part and parcel of the development of young players is actually using them on the pitch against top flight opponents. I don't remember losing any points this season because of either Briggs or Special K. They've already shown that they can play here. Do they have faults? Of course. I can think of no player who doesn't.

As for me, when we're losing so many players at the end of the season due to loan expiry or short-term contract expiry, it makes sense to give as much Premier League experience to the players who will actually be around in August.

Many of you may not agree with this, but certainly it has merit enough not to dismiss by saying "He's not as good as Duff" as if that means he's not good enough to be in the squad of a Premier League side. Kacaniklic can do us some good as an impact sub in the last 30 minutes of a match. He does us no good at all playing for Burnley.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel