watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What will happen this transfer window?

Started by ToodlesMcToot, March 01, 2013, 04:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToodlesMcToot

With the new news that we will be working to re-sign much of the squad that we currently have including Senderos (signed), Riise?,

Schwartzer, Petric, Reither, Hangeland, Karagounis, Diarra???, Davies, probably Manolev, probably Enoh, maybe Frimpong, doubtful Emanuelson, what do you believe will actually happen in the upcoming transfer window.

Jol stated early in his tenure with Fulham that we needed to be getting younger as a team and seemed resolute at the time, but with the exits of the two Dems, the continued loaning of the youngsters who've seemed most ready, and Jol's statements about our club being in real trouble without signing the players above, getting younger doesn't seem to be our direction currently.

Possibly the timing of the exits of the Dems threw transition plans into disarray. Possibly Jol spoke out of turn and without understanding the board's views fully.

So, considering our re-signing plan and the loanees who Jol would like to extend or sign permanently, what do we realistically see happening in the summer?

Taking all of the above into account, it doesn't appear that we will be doing too much at all in the upcoming window. As for those leaving, I can definitely see Diarra being let go. I can see Petric wanting to move on as it's doubtful he's seen the kind of playing time he'd like. Much as it pains me to say, Hughes seems a good candidate for transfer to a lesser league for playing time. It seems as if age has caught up with him or Jol has decided to move along without him. And finally, I can see Stockdale getting fed up with us and handing in his request if his contract isn't ending this term.

At keeper, it seems as if we're sticking with Mark and Etheridge. So I could only see us signing another backup. Stekelenberg seems a pipe dream and Roma's form has dipped cooincidentally with his inclusion in the first team.

We seem set at right back with Manolev and Reither (I still think his situation is 50-50) and at left back with Richardson and Briggs (I believe Riise will move on).

At center back, we have needs for sure. Perhaps Dan Burn is ready to move into the first team as a squad player/backup after his stellar season by several accounts in League One. Other than that I don't believe there is enough cover for Senderos, whose decisionmaking needs to improve and Hangeland who seems a good bet to re-sign.

We are set at right midfield with Dejagah and Duff and look probable to try and move forward at the left with Kaca and Frei, though trusting an entire season to them might be asking too much from Jol.

In the center of midfield, we look to have good cover defensively with Sidders and Enoh. It also sounds as if Jol would love to continue with Frimpong. I can see Wenger agreeing to it as well. The kid still fouls too much not to be a card machine IMHO. Attempting to fill the Murphy/Dembele role, there isn't much to hang one's hat on besides Karagounis. I definitely love having the Greek, but we can't count on him for an entire season and cup games.

We seem fairly set at forward and the #10 with the trio of Berba/Ruiz/Rodallega rotating as needed and Petric subbing in from time to time.

With all that in mind, it seems as if our primary targeted areas will be that central midfield metronome as they like to call them <a younger player to learn from/deputize for Karagounis, I sincerely hope>, a central defender, and possibly another forward.

What say you? What are our problem areas going forward? How will we address them?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

filham

Oh, come on lets finish this season and be sure we are still in the premiership before we start disecting the squad and talking about transfers.

There will be three boring months in the summer with nothing better to do than talk about transfers.

Drake44444

I think that is a fairly good assessment Toodles.

JackyFulham90

The only players I would let go are

Schwarzer
Diarra
Petric

Sheepskin Junior

Riise will have to stay unless we sign a new LB. Richardson got fed up at Sunderland because he was constantly being played Left-back instead of Left-wing, his favoured position. I personally like him, so I think we could have him on the left and Duff, I'm still yet to be impressed by Dejagah, on the right.

As for summer deals, I believe Riether will become a permanent deal, Emanuelson depending on the Karagounis situation. I think Stockdale should be No. 1 with Schwarzer perhaps returning to play his last season in Australia. I prefer Hughes to Senderos and I don't think the latter will be too happy as a bench warmer, maybe even going to a lesser club in the PL with Burn returning to the bench. Baird, I think will grow tired of his small role in the club and go. We may get an offer for Hangeland that Jol will struggle to refuse, therefore allowing H and S in the middle. As it happens though, we might end up with a very quiet summer.
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

We won't sign anyone in the summer
We will let our best players go - to teams who are seeking to increase the aveage age of their respective squads all under "Fair Play" rules to bigger premiership clubs
That will see us with a squad of 5 or 6 players & it's going to be damned tough,more so than this season
The players will have to do twice the amount of work in defence & goal scoring
Berb is going to have to move around much much more
Jol will have a massive war chest but be unable to find players who fit our average age minimum let alone have any talent
Alternatively we could (hopefully) thump Sunderland this pm,continue to gain points towards our premiership survival & wait & see - who is manager,who walks & who is available to sign
COYW!

Burt

Hopefully they will clean the window, it's filthy and isn't fit for use.

George Formby - When i'm cleaning windows