watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunderland v Fulham match thread

Started by The King, March 02, 2013, 02:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

time for referees to give the penalty EVERY time. then, clumsy twats like senderos will stop the holding.  just when you think it is safe to play senderos, normal service is resumed.

Texas White

Its a stupid challenge, but order is right.
They are either all penalties or not. And we see that every week and they are not given.

CanadianCottager

Two very very soft penalties given so far, but the clearest penalty for around 3 or 4 rugby tackles on Dejagah on the box not given, interesting decisions from the man in the middle

MasterHaynes

bad mistake by Senderos but Schwarzer should have made clear it was his ball bad decison to back away if Senderos caught that out of the side of his eye can understand the panicky mistake

Bassey the warrior

Silly boy Phil, no need for that at all. Soft but a penalty, I'd like to see the refs be a bit more consistent. Very disappointing as we were running away with the game. Having said that we've comfortably defended against them so far.
The positives are that the Ruiz-Berba partnership is working finally, Berba not dropping so deep and allowing Ruiz the freedom to express himself. I see us scoring again.

theotherdembele

Classic Senderos time to celebrate he's new contract we've just been given another full season of this twit!

Walsh

Berbatov hits double figures on his goals for this season and Sascha Riether gets his first goal for Fulham.

Lighthouse

Only time we looked in trouble was the penalty. But not sure we will have such an easy second half. Very little in control in midfield. We need more control and more passing that hurts them instead of just keeping the ball. Odd half to say the least. Dejagah our most dangerous player.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

deeffc

I think the difference is usually the defender is in the right position goal side, and holds their ground. In this case Senderos is caught out and can't get to the ball. It's a penalty because he's making no effort to play the ball, he's just trying to prevent the striker getting to it. It's poor defending and Senderos consistently makes the same mistakes. Hearing he's being offered a new contract, no idea why.

Aside from that a really good first half, we're getting Berbatov back in the game now Ruiz is back and playing solid football.

Humbled

Sendaros does this all the time... he plays the man and not the ball

look at the Man united goal as a reminder

Boggers

It's a soft one and Senderos got punished for being a fool.

Sunderland look so average and we look dangerous on the break. I can see us picking them off in the second half.
"I never comment on referees and I'm not about to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" - Ron Atkinson

http://alrightbeav.wordpress.com/

@shutuposhea

JIMMY D

Let's hope it's not another 3-3 draw!

Count Berbatov

Quote from: Humbled on March 02, 2013, 03:56:12 PM
Sendaros does this all the time... he plays the man and not the ball

look at the Man united goal as a reminder
Right!? It was only a matter of time with him. I fear it won't be the last time

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

sunburywhite

Senderos - the thinking mans Zat Knight
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

kennethwong20

*off topic* Kacaniklic has provided an assist for Burnley's first half opener at Charlton :p

Ruiz11

Such a shame, all we needed to do was keep the ball until half-time with the score at 2-0 and get the home fans on the players' backs. Such a cheap goal to concede at a really infuriating time.

St Eve

On a postive note we will win this comfortably. Sunderland are a lot worse than I thought. If you take away the 3 points that they stole against us they would be in big trouble

Ruiz11

On the plus side, Dejagah looks outstanding and with Ruiz dropping back into midfield to make a 4-2-3-1, we have an extra man in the middle, meaning Sunderland can't get the ball.

However, the goal seems to have knocked the stuffing out of us defensively: we look shaky all of a sudden and Marko's kicking is getting worse and worse.

Count Berbatov

I think this game deserves to end a draw. Hoping for a win obviously, but it'll take a bit more from the midfield to improve the possession

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

grandad

I just hope Senderos can either have a superb 2nd half or be replaced by Hughes.
Where there's a will there's a wife