watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What a frustrating match

Started by PaulJ123, March 02, 2013, 05:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulJ123

At the start of the game, we would've taken a draw i'm sure but to get 2-0 up and only get a point is very frustrating.

I thought Senderos was pretty decent, but those mistakes are just ridiculous. He's basically costing us a goal a game and that just isn't ok in the premiership. We're a team who don't thrash teams but win by the odd goal and too lose that advantage adds such pressure.
I'd like to see Hughes come back in and to get another first choice in the summer alongside Hangeland.

Midfield I thought we did quite well, Kara oozed class with his passing at times, Sidwell broke up the play well and Frimpong was pretty solid.
I find Ruiz the most frustrating player, I was yelling for Jol to take him off and then he comes up with that beautiful chipped pass to Berba.

This was the type of game Berba struggles in and he did again today. He had a couple of decent half chances but didn't look as confident as he does when playing at home. Would like to see Rodallega on against away sides with Berba in behind him to stretch the play a bit.

The 2nd half performance we just had no intent, admittedly we didn't deserve to be 2 goals up but when we got there, we shouldn't just sit back. The goal straight after the 2nd killed us as if we'd have just got to half time 2-0 up, we wouldve surely just cruised home.

CanadianCottager

Can't bench Ruiz for precisely the same reason you can't bench Berba. They can seem to vanish for 80 or so minutes and then come up with a piece of beauty like last week's volley or this week's chipped ball. The game was crying out for Rodallega though, would've brought him on for Duff at around the 65 minute mark

PaulJ123

I agree but Berba is never going to get dropped. To be honest, I don't think Ruiz will either but its ever so slightly more likely

JackyFulham90

Ruiz & Berbatov will not be dropped, they are top class players who can do & see things others can't, would like to have seen Rodallega on earlier today though

MaxxiM

fulhamking

Quote from: MaxxiM on March 02, 2013, 07:30:28 PM
I would drop Ruiz for Petric.
nonsense,
drop Duff for anyone on the bench anyday, the guy has passed it long time ago

Mr-ska

I think Petric deserves more time on the pitch.  When he comes on he seems to be the only player intent on shooting on sight.

MaxxiM

Quote from: fulhamking on March 02, 2013, 07:33:27 PM
Quote from: MaxxiM on March 02, 2013, 07:30:28 PM
I would drop Ruiz for Petric.
nonsense,
drop Duff for anyone on the bench anyday, the guy has passed it long time ago
Nonsense? The guy was totally ineffective, no added value apart of the lob. I don't understand why Mark is targeting him on the long balls either. No wonder Berbatov is puzzled too.

Duff has to be dropped as well. No end product in the last 3 games.
Question is if there is anyone who can replace him.

Travers Barney

Didn't go but most seem to be purring about Bryan...nice to hear....lovely footballer.

coyw
We are the whites

Whitby Fulham

What was frustrating was when berb missed that one on one then it took him 5 mins to walk back and get into the game.
What was good when ruiz lost the ball and then work his arse off to win it back.
Agree with cc rodders should have been on about 65mins and I thought frimpong did ok but needs a run in the side,Sunderland only had one good player on the pitch Sessegnon.

MasterHaynes

What isit with sessegnonn when he plays against us, most other games he frustrates the life out of Sunderland supporters, with poor final ball and finishing or going missing for half the game. Against us he seems to really motivated and has put away two very good finishes against us his seasons, half of his total tally of 4 for the season, you'd never guess it from the way he plays against us.

Forever Fulham

A brisk wind still knocks Bryan over.  He needs to steal a page from Dembele's book.  But then, Dembele can't pass like Bryan does.  The touch.   There were some nice take aways from this frustrating game.  The players made a lot of Effort plays, the passing is improving, the panic play is reduced.  We just need to get a finisher's mentality when in the final third. 

leonffc

I'm not sure Ruiz and Berbatov were the problem here. The aimless balls up to them were. All game we were punting it rather than playing out through the midfield. Even straight from
Kick off Riise lumped it diagonally across field.
Jol needs to make a decision. Play to Berbatov and Ruiz's strengths or play aimless long balls and let Rodellega chase about all day.
I know what I'd rather watch!

FFCByTheRiver

Where has the Jol Out brigade disappeared to by the way?

ron

Quote from: BenjyUK on March 03, 2013, 08:11:27 AM

Reloading !

I see the next long runner on this board is the "Duff; should he or shouldn't he, is he or isn't he?" thread.

Watch this space!

TonyGilroy

The results and performances this year have been fine. You can hope for better players but the ones we've got are all doing OK.

The trouble I think is that the players we have are each about 80% top quality but how to get better?

Senderos and Sidwell are mostly fine but Senderos has his moments and Sidwell never quite dominates or plays a telling ball. Duff works hard and has moments of inspiration but we could do with more pace on the flanks. Dejagah's improving but how much more can be expected? He still runs into too many brick walls.

Karagounis can't do 90 minutes, Berbatov is a maverick and Ruiz, for all his sublime moments. isn't consistently dominating midfield or scoring enough.

I'd be reluctant though to ditch any of those players but in terms of us being a strong top table side they all have too many weaknesses.

HatterDon

Quote from: BenjyUK on March 03, 2013, 08:11:27 AM

The "Jol Out Brigade" has taken to criticizing his judgment and leadership by complaining on multiple threads that the man is too stupid to realize that Senderos is the worst player in the world. Not only does Jol play him, but he extended his contract.

Or not. Complain about our style of football and you hate Jol. Complaining about his choice of players is something else, I guess.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

A Humble Man

Don't change a team that is playing so well through petty prejudice for or against certain players.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Rudolph

Quote from: A Humble Man on March 03, 2013, 08:07:21 PM
Don't change a team that is playing so well through petty prejudice for or against certain players.

That's as ambiguous as the Balfour Declaration.

HatterDon

Quote from: Rudolph on March 03, 2013, 08:13:38 PM
Quote from: A Humble Man on March 03, 2013, 08:07:21 PM

That's as ambiguous as the Balfour Declaration.

Which, as I remember, was at 396 for 5.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel