watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Hall of Shame

Started by Holders, March 04, 2013, 07:35:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

peter storey, another criminal and a thug. Probably would make the top 10 thugs of all time.

DiegoFulham

@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

Sir Alec of good Stock

A Hall of Shame should not contain players who were not good enough, that's not their fault but the fault of whoever signed them in the first place and then decided that they were good enough to represent the club.

The only players who should be selected are those that let the club down by their behaviour on and off the pitch and not their playing ability.

Some very unfair ones listed above.

MJG

Quote from: MOR : on March 04, 2013, 03:35:48 PM
The one & only...The horrible "Mark Cooper"...utter dogshite...with a helping of vomit...

I can always rely on MOR to list this scumbag if I don't get in first.

SaltfordWhite

I want to say Terry Hurlock, but I can't. He was absolutely hilarious.

beijing ben

Quote from: Alan on March 04, 2013, 12:03:51 PM
John Watson?
Aiden Newhouse?
Peter Baah?

Peter Baah scored a superb goal against Gillingham in the 'great comeback of 92' in the autoglass trophy. Due to that he must be in the hall of fame rather than shame..  :beer:

beijing ben

Quote from: HatterDon on March 04, 2013, 02:42:59 PM
I'm not nuts about these "who's your least favorite Fulham player" threads, but I especially don't understand the "Hall of Shame" nominations for Lee Cook, Jari Litmanen, and Giles Barnes. Someone please tell me how many matches were lost by the play of any of these three guys. The fact that we signed them and they didn't manage to get any -- or barely any -- pitch time seems to exclude them from threads like this.

I'm with you on Giles Barnes because, as i remember it, he was genuinely injured during his time here and was more of a prospect than anything. Cook, maybe a similar situation but he always had his heart at QPR. Litmanen definitely deserves to be in there though. Hodgson said he couldn't understand how Litmanen was always fit for internationals but never for us. A shameful display from him if he never had any intention of playing for us..

b+w geezer

A list of bad players should take account of expectations at that time, and, as others have said, it should have a different title. "Shame" implies to me that a person cynically tried harm the club. A player might do this by taking a bribe to lessen our chances in a match. I have suspected that only once in the past 48 years, probably unfairly, albeit I was far from alone in the suspicion. So that leaves the field clear for two characters who have been mentioned already, but not enough.
Runner up in the Fulham Hall of Shame is David Bulstrode, the property developer who tried to merge us into Fulham Park Rangers. He is runner-up because property development was at least his acknowledged trade.
Winner is Ernie Clay, the Chairman who bought the ground from the Church Commissioners (who had leased it to us long-term at modest rent); then sold it for millions to Bulstrode's company, disappeared into the sunset and abandoned us to our fate -- which was nearly terminal. A cynical con-man, he "wins" by a mile.

mullers

I think the current first team - with a couple of exceptions - should be contenders. A 35 year-old has come into the side and looks like he genuinely wants to win, and his goal celebration is my highlight of the season so far. Karagounis has shown up too many of his team mates' lack of effort.

However, Bulstrode and Clay apart - I'm sticking to players -  the only one in the last thirty years who should be truly ashamed of himself is Steve Marlet. He could be the most skillful player I've seen in a Fulham shirt [and one look at the highlights videos proves this] but his attitude makes Joey Barton seem like club captain material. His utter contempt for the club was indeed shameful.

Alan

Quote from: beijing ben on March 05, 2013, 01:48:33 AM
Quote from: Alan on March 04, 2013, 12:03:51 PM
John Watson?
Aiden Newhouse?
Peter Baah?

Peter Baah scored a superb goal against Gillingham in the 'great comeback of 92' in the autoglass trophy. Due to that he must be in the hall of fame rather than shame..  :beer:

My mistake. Memories of my early games are very poor. Also, I was possibly considered 'too young' to go to night games then. The other two must be certainties, though...
Why would you kill it, kill it, kill it before it dies?

MOR :

Quote from: MJG on March 04, 2013, 07:54:02 PM
The one & only...The horrible "Mark Cooper"...utter dogshite...with a helping of vomit...

Great minds and all that MJG...

FFC1987

TheDaddy

Quote from: MOR : on March 05, 2013, 01:35:07 PM

The biggest arrogant front bottom i have ever had the displeasure to meet !
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

MOR :

Quote from: TheDaddy on March 06, 2013, 07:45:48 AM
Quote from: MOR : on March 05, 2013, 01:35:07 PM

The biggest arrogant cnut i have ever had the displeasure to meet !

"TheDaddy" speaks the truth...Hated by Fulham fans but also by some of the players he played with at Fulham...

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Sir Alec of good Stock on March 04, 2013, 07:36:53 PM
A Hall of Shame should not contain players who were not good enough, that's not their fault but the fault of whoever signed them in the first place and then decided that they were good enough to represent the club.

The only players who should be selected are those that let the club down by their behaviour on and off the pitch and not their playing ability.

Some very unfair ones listed above.

I agree with this view and that of jarv.

The two that come to mind who should be on this list for completely cynical deliberate fouls to injure or intimidate the opposition are Peter Storey and Michael Brown. Their association with the club is embarrassing.