watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Oh well. Thats the fair play spot gone

Started by fulham pete, March 05, 2013, 10:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulham pete

After tonights Manure/madrid game England will lose ground in the fair play league. Not so much for the red card but because of Ferdinands disgusting behaviour towards the ref at the end of the match.

Right or wrong he made the decision honestly. In fact at half time I said the ref was having a good game and could get the final this year.

Lets hope UEFA give Rio a red and ban him for 3 matches next season.

ps wonder why Woy dosn't pick him?

Drake44444

What exactly did he do?  I turned it off.

Baider

Sarcastically clapped in the referee's face, don't know why the ref didn't book him for it tbh

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

HatterDon

WHEN we go back to Europe again, I want us to earn it with our football -- League Cup or FA Cup victory. I don't want us in because of "Fair Play." It smacks of an end of term award for being the quietest kid in the class.

So, Europa League place in 2014-15 because we beat Chelsea in the FA Cup Final 4-1, but nothing next season.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

Ferdinand also then went back and shook the officials hands. So it wasn't disgusting but just frustration at a decision that changed the game.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulham pete

Yes I saw that he shook hands after but IMHO his first actions at the end were disgusting.
As captain of the countrys highest profile club he should be a leader and respect the official even if he disagrees with his decision.

Lets face it the pundits on ITV couldn't agree and other threads on here have different opinions from far more knowledgable folk than me.

I bet some of them can spell as well. :022:

ron

I'll bet the shaking hands bit was as a result of someone telling him to "because everyone's watching"

But I guess that's OK because at least he did it.

St Eve

Quote from: HatterDon on March 05, 2013, 11:19:57 PM
WHEN we go back to Europe again, I want us to earn it with our football -- League Cup or FA Cup victory. I don't want us in because of "Fair Play." It smacks of an end of term award for being the quietest kid in the class.

So, Europa League place in 2014-15 because we beat Chelsea in the FA Cup Final 4-1, but nothing next season.
I would take it in a minute

Count Berbatov

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 05, 2013, 11:25:31 PM
Ferdinand also then went back and shook the officials hands. So it wasn't disgusting but just frustration at a decision that changed the game.
Still, it looks bad as it is
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Rupert

Quote from: Count Berbatov on March 06, 2013, 02:49:57 AM
I can't believe I'm partially supporting Ferdinand here, but I have had a couple of occasions where people have been a little bit upset by my decisions, it goes with the job. I have had sarcastic remarks, clapping, etc, at the end of a game, one season I apparantly cost a team the championship by over-ruling the club linesman's offside flag once (the opposition scored), are there no limits to my powers?
I have always told the player to calm down. Those who appeared to (ie like Ferdinand) I let it go, heat of the moment, football is an emotional game, players are not robots. The few idiots who tried to show just how clever they are swiftly discovered that they were not very clever at all and got reported.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

FFCByTheRiver

Admittedly. I'd have probably sarcastically clapped the referee if I'd have been sent off for something like that in 5 a side. But then, I'm an ass.

Count Berbatov

Quote from: Rupert on March 06, 2013, 07:40:47 AM
Quote from: Count Berbatov on March 06, 2013, 02:49:57 AM
I can't believe I'm partially supporting Ferdinand here, but I have had a couple of occasions where people have been a little bit upset by my decisions, it goes with the job. I have had sarcastic remarks, clapping, etc, at the end of a game, one season I apparantly cost a team the championship by over-ruling the club linesman's offside flag once (the opposition scored), are there no limits to my powers?
I have always told the player to calm down. Those who appeared to (ie like Ferdinand) I let it go, heat of the moment, football is an emotional game, players are not robots. The few idiots who tried to show just how clever they are swiftly discovered that they were not very clever at all and got reported.
Well, he did shake ref hand afterwards, which shows exactly that.. Heat of the moment. Many of us would do much worse

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Sniffer

Think Nani was trying to get the ball but the Ref makes the decisions and even RK said it was a clear red.     096.gig

I would love to have seen how the game played out without the sending off tbh.
"Numquam Cede"

Burt

I must admit whenever Kean was talking I couldn't get past the "you are nothing but a vicious thug" feeling, given what he did to Alfe-Inge Haaland.

I was amazed Kean was so vociferous about it being a clear red. I thought it was anything but. He was trying to trap the ball. He wasn't exactly scooting in rashly with a studs-up two footed lunge.

JBH

Quote from: fulham pete on March 05, 2013, 11:55:42 PM
Yes I saw that he shook hands after but IMHO his first actions at the end were disgusting.
As captain of the countrys highest profile club he should be a leader and respect the official even if he disagrees with his decision.

Lets face it the pundits on ITV couldn't agree and other threads on here have different opinions from far more knowledgable folk than me.

I bet some of them can spell as well. :022:

He is no longer the captain of Man U it's Vidic now

nose

i felt sorry for man utd.... up to a point. The sending off turned the game and in my opinion it was wrong, yellow for sure but not red. And if nani got red why did the goalkeepr not get sent off for punching vidic. and crouch did a reaaly dangerous bicycle kick at the weekend, nothing given and that was truely dangerous.
But nani should have known better than to tempt a ref in europe, kamara was sent off for almost nothing in europe (roma away).

BUT
Man utd fans I have no sympathy for them. All these years we (all the smaller clubs) get a mass of second rate decisions against us V man utd and they don't seem to mind that, murphy and MR Oliver as ref most recently comes to mind..... The expression hypocrites springs to mind where the man utd fans and sir alex are concerned.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: nose on March 06, 2013, 03:09:02 PM
i felt sorry for man utd.... up to a point. The sending off turned the game and in my opinion it was wrong, yellow for sure but not red. And if nani got red why did the goalkeepr not get sent off for punching vidic. and crouch did a reaaly dangerous bicycle kick at the weekend, nothing given and that was truely dangerous.
But nani should have known better than to tempt a ref in europe, kamara was sent off for almost nothing in europe (roma away).

BUT
Man utd fans I have no sympathy for them. All these years we (all the smaller clubs) get a mass of second rate decisions against us V man utd and they don't seem to mind that, murphy and MR Oliver as ref most recently comes to mind..... The expression hypocrites springs to mind where the man utd fans and sir alex are concerned.

Keepers get away with murder, it really is annoying.  They can go up knees and legs flailing around to catch a ball, yet if someone sneezes within 20 yards of them they claim a foul.  I can see why the ref gave the red card though, it was reckless in a negligent way rather than a malicious one.

As for MUFC getting all the calls, I vaguely recall a table from a few years back showing that had all calls been made correctly they would have won even more points that they ended up with, so that claim isn't entirely true.  Granted, I was at OT for the Murphy penalty (half as a United fan, half as a Fulham fan and half just wanting to see a good game of football) and I was fuming :P