watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Its grim up north for Danny

Started by MJG, March 06, 2013, 06:48:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Sad to see Murphy get a right kicking from Blackburn fans on one of their forums.

http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/topic/28555-danny-murphy/

JBH

His choice to go there so no sympathy from me I'm afraid:028:

BedsFFC

And they think even less of etuhu.

RaySmith

Blackburn fans are a disgrace for what they did to Keane.

GloucesterWhite

It's true it's grim up north. As for Blackburn fans, they seem to prefer booing to getting behind their team.

Airfix

But... but... but... they were the best team in the Championship 2000-1*

(* actual levels of quality are not guaranteed and will vary depending upon the shade of rose that tints your glasses)

leonffc

Not much different than he got from sections of our crowd / forums from the beginning of his time with us to the end unfortunately. Lets not forget his legs 'went' at tottenham and the start of every season for us.

SKSW6

Looks like the dream of welcoming him back to the cottage as we play Blackburn in an FA cup tie next season are dead then.

Lighthouse

Murphy is a great Pro but age hits us all and he is being caught out now. Problem is we have never replaced him. Or rather replaced the Murphy of old. I don't feel sorry for him as he is paid well. But naturally it is sad that his playing days are nearly over.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Riverside

We should dedicate this to all those that said he still had another 2 years of Premier League in him !
It was clear last season he could not longer do much more than 60/70 minutes .

Age catches up on everyone .
It may too as well for Karagounis ( though he seems to be in much better shape currently ) .

JBH

Quote from: Riverside on March 06, 2013, 10:55:58 AM
We should dedicate this to all those that said he still had another 2 years of Premier League in him !

It may too as well for Karagounis ( though he seems to be in much better shape currently ) .

Spot on 065.gif

Mr-ska

God Blackburn fans !! If they spent as much energy getting behind their side as they do booing and moaning they might actually make a difference.

Sean Davis winner up there is still one of my favourite Fulham goals for all kinds of reasons.

Burt

Reinforces the fact that moving him on was the right thing to do.

We had seen the best of him.

I always thought he would stay and start going down the coaching route though, he would be good at that.

Wimbledon_White

I still love the moody bugger. I would love to see him back at the club in some sort of coaching/managerial capacity in the future.
I reckon with his bite and (former) desire to win (for us) he would make an excellent man manager/motivator.
Thoughts?

cmg

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on March 06, 2013, 01:03:47 PM
I still love the moody bugger. I would love to see him back at the club in some sort of coaching/managerial capacity in the future.
I reckon with his bite and (former) desire to win (for us) he would make an excellent man manager/motivator.
Thoughts?

I refer the honourable gentleman to a reply I gave some threads ago.

Players like Murph, intelligent and/or inspirational midfielders, often seem the ideal managerial types, but for every Laudrup there is a Rioch, McAllister, Souness, Ince, Lee, Todd, Wilkins, Strachan, Brolin, Kendall, Reid, Ball, Robson (Bryan), or Ardilles.

Inspection of the credentials of current top managers reveals no common denominator. Previous playing experience varies from 'all-time great' like Laudrup to 'zero' like Villas-Boas and all stations in between.

None of this changes the admiration I have for Danny Murphy as a Fulham player. Nor my opinion that we were right in letting him go when we did.

sunburywhite

CMG you are in danger of getting banned for writing a sensible well constructed comment about Murphy on this board

I endorse what you said.

DM was a God when he was here and had a total winning (but not at all costs) attitude which we lack in our current team

He did what any of us would do when faced with a one year contract at say £50 and a 2 year contract at say £40. What would any of you do in his situation even in our humdrum walks of life?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Rupert

I like the comment that he should be reported to the PFA.

I can just picture the scene, Danny Murphy arriving at the training ground in his expensive new car, gets a phone call from the PFA, "Danny, the Blackburn fans say that you aren't very good any more."
Danny replies, "And?"
PFA says, "Er....well, that's it, really."
Danny replies, "Okay, thanks," and goes on with his normal activities.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

EJL

The last bit of the middle comment...

The Blackburn fans are probably right about Murphy now. But to say that he wasn't that good of a player in the past is moronic.

DiegoFulham

Quote from: GloucesterWhite on March 06, 2013, 09:25:13 AM
It's true it's grim up north. As for Blackburn fans, they seem to prefer booing to getting behind their team.

lost so much respect for Blackburn last season via the way they treated Steven Kean, people need to remember that Danny only moved down for the sake of his Legacy here at Fulham, he won hearts and minds and decided unlike AJ and Bobby not to move to QPR like he was offered. also looks like Chelscum fans will miss out on the Champions League, they also as they seem to approach Rafa in the same manner that the Blackburn Rovers supporters  Kean which we all know how that story ended, tbh the only manager i have ever booed was Sparkless after the West Ham 3-1 defeat on Boxing day 2010 like many of you said supporters should get behind the side and not get on top of the manager, that's why when we were struggling earlier i wasn't too impressed with the Jol out supporters. 
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: Riverside on March 06, 2013, 10:55:58 AM

Errr - have you heard of Ryan Giggs?
Maybe not everyone then.........