watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So who’s doing a Reading this season?

Started by Admin, March 06, 2013, 10:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

It almost happens to at least one team, they go into complete freefall around about this time and end up getting relegated. I for one are still not convinced we're 100% safe yet and just hope we don't end up doing a Reading!

I think we need another 2 wins just to make sure but we do have some tough fixtures coming up. QPR will have picked some confidence up after beating Southampton and they have 2 crunch games in March which I think will determine their safety. Sunderland at home and Villa away.   

Bassey the warrior

Losing to QPR could be a turning point for both teams. But I don't see us getting dragged down unless we lose some key players. We seem much more balanced now.

Artful Dodger

Another 6 points should see us safe. I can't see us getting dragged in to a relegation battle now but I guess until we are mathematically safe you have to keep going!

To answer your question though, I think Sunderland are capable of going on a long winless streak and shouldn't have got anything out of us on Saturday, so they would be my favourites to go backwards quickly.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Drake44444

We're not getting relegated, no chance.  With the loan signings and on the balance of play, this team is far above the relegation fodder this year.

Newcastle , Norwhich etc are more likely.

cottage cheese

Quote from: Drake44444 on March 07, 2013, 02:55:32 AM
We're not getting relegated, no chance.  With the loan signings and on the balance of play, this team is far above the relegation fodder this year.

Newcastle , Norwhich etc are more likely.

newcastle no way, once that team clicks they will shoot up the league

MJG

Quote from: Admin on March 06, 2013, 10:33:16 PM
It almost happens to at least one team, they go into complete freefall around about this time and end up getting relegated. I for one are still not convinced we're 100% safe yet and just hope we don't end up doing a Reading!

I think we need another 2 wins just to make sure but we do have some tough fixtures coming up. QPR will have picked some confidence up after beating Southampton and they have 2 crunch games in March which I think will determine their safety. Sunderland at home and Villa away.   

Its intersting that Gary Nevelle mentioned this 'Freefall' myth last week. I'm not 100% sure of the facts but he said that at this stage of the season only 3 teams in 20 years have been relegated when they had a 6pt gap from 18th place

TonyGilroy

On 33 points we will get relegated. On 36 we should, on 38 we could and on 40 we're safe so there's still something to play for. Having got 12 points from the last 8 games though I don't see why we should think that we're suddenly going to go on a disastrous losing run.

It looks very much like 3 from 4 at present and others are only endangered if 2 of those go on good runs - unlikely I think. Southampton next at risk but no others in reality IMO.

HillingdonFFC

That is why I was so gutted throwing two points away Saturday, our run in looks horrendous. You could make a case for us losing most of those. Reading at home could be a must win. A lot of clubs desperate for points.

Alan

Stoke RUFC? They've hit a poor run since Christmas.
Why would you kill it, kill it, kill it before it dies?

jarv

Gutted about points dropped?? How about southampton twice, reading, wigan, qpr, sunderland twice....I think that makes 16.
ouch! :031:

Burt

If you look at current form (points won from the last six fixtures) the bottom end of the table looks like this:

20. Stoke (4)
19. Southampton (5)
18. Wigan (5)
17. Villa (5)
16. Sundeland (5)
15. Norwich (6)
16. QPR (6)
15. West Ham (6)

We are 10th, with 10 points from a possible 18.

mangoputney

Quote from: jarv on March 07, 2013, 01:34:05 PM
Gutted about points dropped?? How about southampton twice, reading, wigan, qpr, sunderland twice....I think that makes 16.
ouch! :031:

+1
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

tomcolemanfry

Southampton, Sunderland or Stoke. One of those 3 will go down too with Villa and QPR or Reading. Wigan will do their usual and somehow stay up.