watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Egad! They've knicked our ground!

Started by Rupert, March 07, 2013, 11:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rupert

As President for Life of the popular "Back to Eel Brook Common" supporters group, I have, with some dismay, some alarming news to bring to my loyal and faithful band of followers.

I just found this on that Wiki thing-

Eel Brook Common is a park in the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham, close to Fulham Broadway tube station, and its southern boundary on New Kings Road, Chelsea. It is not particularly remarkable, but for the fact that in 1883 and 1891 a then local amateur football team, Fulham F.C., played their home games there.  :clap_hands: It usually hosts a Circus in early summer. It was named after the brook which ran through it, down to the Thames. It is rumoured that it was used as a plague pit during the Black Death. Many of the Lime trees which can be seen across the common were destroyed during the gales in 1987.

During 2002/2003 Groundwork West London completed a £300,000 make-over of the Common, installing surfaced and fenced sports pitches, and revamping the vegetation there.

In the year 2008/2009 Chelsea Football Club help create an astroturf pitch which can be used in the community. It was sponsored by Chelsea in association with Adidas and is in the blue of Chelsea Football club.  fp.gif Many local residents complained to the Council about the colour in a green environment, and so there has been much work to grow varied natural screening.

Comrades, this is our darkest hour, and there is only one thing to do  090.gif...
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

LBNo11

...bury all the filth fans under the pitch and revert it back to being a plague pit - sorted...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC