watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Any one remember this?

Started by bucksfulham, March 08, 2013, 07:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kentish Gent

Stood in the Putney End, but strangely don't remember either of our goals - but do remember Pancho Pearson grabbing St John's hair, and the subsequent haymaker. Couldn't wait to get home after the match, as my late Dad had told me that we didn't have a prayer of winning this game. Great days!

A Humble Man

It was the swinging sixties at the Cottage but it did not last much longer either the sixties or Fulham in the top division.  Then years of decline with occasional false dawns until the wonderful MAF years.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

JHaynes Paperboy

Was this the game when a scouser ran on to the pitch and hit Les Barrett? He then got a good hiding off of Fred Callaghan?

Fulhampete

0001.jpegI remember Ian Ure getting sent off when we played Arsenal. Wasn't that Pancho as well? Thinking about it perhaps it was Alan Clarke who had the bust-up with Ure. My memory is definitely dodgy.

cmg

Quote from: Fulhampete on March 11, 2013, 10:50:03 AM
0001.jpegI remember Ian Ure getting sent off when we played Arsenal. Wasn't that Pancho as well? Thinking about it perhaps it was Alan Clarke who had the bust-up with Ure. My memory is definitely dodgy.

No, not too dodgy. It was Clarke involved here. And a right riot it was. Ure (who was always a pretty dirty player) and Terry Niell obviously set out to 'get' the 20 year old Clarke who was the scoring sensation of the season. After a number of cloggings Clarke retaliated, Ure went completely tonto and both teams got involved in one of the best mass brawls ever seen at CC. When it all died down Clarke and Ure were sent off, but the game continued as a running fight. (0-0). Hey, ho. The good old days, when players behaved like proper gentlemen!