watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

There's something very wrong...

Started by Scrumpy, March 10, 2013, 02:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrumpy

....about the FOF members map. It's great to see so many fans from so far afield. But I reckon there are just two, yes TWO, FOF members that live within the borough of Hammersmith and Fulham!!! Just 2 members that live within 1 mile of the ground (Fletch and Old Git).

There are rows and rows of houses between the Thames and Fulham Palace Road. There are 165k people within the borough of H&F. Yet just 2 FOF members?

Let's say that just 1 in 100 Fulham fans are a member of FOF. That would equate to maybe 200 fans living within a mile of the ground. 200 fans within the borough of H&F!! 200 fans among 165000 locals. Can there be another Club with this kind of statistic? I'm sure we're all glad that Craven Cottage is not situated in an area like Tottenham or West Ham, but my God the area has suffered from 'gentrification' like no other.

One of my goals in life was to own a property close to Craven Cottage, but it just isn't going to happen (bar a lottery win). Can there be another Club with a less 'local' support than ours??? A unique problem.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Snibbo

Quote from: Scrumpy on March 10, 2013, 02:52:29 AM
Can there be another Club with a less 'local' support than ours??? A unique problem.

Not in absolute numbers, but I'd guess that a miniscule percentage of Man U, Che**ki, Citeh fans live anywhere near their grounds.

In fact there are probably more Man U 'fans' living in the borough of Hammersmith and Fulham than Fulham fans.

beijing ben

Quote from: Snibbo on March 10, 2013, 03:34:33 AM
Can there be another Club with a less 'local' support than ours??? A unique problem.

Not in absolute numbers, but I'd guess that a miniscule percentage of Man U, Che**ki, Citeh fans live anywhere near their grounds.

In fact there are probably more Man U 'fans' living in the borough of Hammersmith and Fulham than Fulham fans.

I haven't lived in the area for nearly ten years but when i did i felt Fulham were about the 5th or 6th most supported team in Fulham..

Fletchino

I know a number of lot locals who support fulham. Easily over 50

Fletchino

Just had a quick look at the map it's really good it also appears we have an inmate?!!!

Nero

its because all the real Fulham fans are on cottage corner and they argue who lives closet and if you live to the north of the Fulham Palace Road you arent a real fan

MJG

Here is a map from the club with ST locations

MJG

The map on FOF has more to do with who uses a Fulham message board. If you live nearer to the ground and go to more games maybe because you mix with fans you dont need the message board.

Burt

FOF has 1800 registered members, of which a fraction of those only post with any regularity, so the map is more a reflection of who amongst the more frequent posters live where.

I suspect it is far removed from being a representation of where the typical Fulham supporter lives.

Burt
Thames Ditton
Miles away from Craven Cottage

Berserker

The club's map doesn't go further enough west
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Whiteroom

I live on Stevenage Rd. I can see a piece of the pitch from my bedroom window - so make it 3!

Burt

Quote from: Whiteroom on March 10, 2013, 10:54:30 AM
I live on Stevenage Rd. I can see a piece of the pitch from my bedroom window - so make it 3!

JEALOUS!!!

Mind you, must be a bit of a bugger on matchday, all those people around the place  :dft011:

alfie

....about the FOF members map. It's great to see so many fans from so far afield. But I reckon there are just two, yes TWO, FOF members that live within the borough of Hammersmith and Fulham!!! Just 2 members that live within 1 mile of the ground (Fletch and Old Git).

There are rows and rows of houses between the Thames and Fulham Palace Road. There are 165k people within the borough of H&F. Yet just 2 FOF members?

Let's say that just 1 in 100 Fulham fans are a member of FOF. That would equate to maybe 200 fans living within a mile of the ground. 200 fans within the borough of H&F!! 200 fans among 165000 locals. Can there be another Club with this kind of statistic? I'm sure we're all glad that Craven Cottage is not situated in an area like Tottenham or West Ham, but my God the area has suffered from 'gentrification' like no other.

One of my goals in life was to own a property close to Craven Cottage, but it just isn't going to happen (bar a lottery win). Can there be another Club with a less 'local' support than ours??? A unique problem.

Actually i live at the top of Ellerby street, is that close enough for you.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Scrumpy

Quote from: alfie on March 10, 2013, 11:44:16 AM

Actually i live at the top of Ellerby street, is that close enough for you.

Certainly is.

But you ain't on the map!
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

The Equalizer

Putney counts too! I live within 15 minutes walk of the ground (am currently 3rd nearest according to the map).
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Fletchino

Quote from: The Equalizer on March 10, 2013, 01:14:31 PM
Putney counts too! I live within 15 minutes walk of the ground (am currently 3rd nearest according to the map).

Are you nearer  than me then?

jarv

I lived in Putney for many years, off the upper richmond road, so was about a 30 minute walk. It would be a five minute walk if the built a bridge to CC.

The Equalizer

Quote from: FLETCHINO on March 10, 2013, 01:37:43 PM
Quote from: The Equalizer on March 10, 2013, 01:14:31 PM

Are you nearer  than me then?

It's a close call mate. My flat is directly opposite Putney High School and it takes me about 8 minutes to walk to Putney Bridge Station. Probably about the same as it would take you from Sulivan Court.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

MOR :

It's still got me living in Putney Vale Cemetery but by all accounts that's where the postcode puts me...

Born & Bred in Fulham but had to move out as places were getting too expensive...still Putney Vale isn't bad...

Whiteroom

Quote from: Burt on March 10, 2013, 10:55:53 AM
Quote from: Whiteroom on March 10, 2013, 10:54:30 AM

JEALOUS!!!

Mind you, must be a bit of a bugger on matchday, all those people around the place  :dft011:
Yea, ruddy football fans! The one time it was annoying was at the Brazil Ghana game. We had literally hundreds of people walking through for front garden. I can't find this map we are talking about.