watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mark clattenburg

Started by Fletchino, March 10, 2013, 11:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletchino

I'm sure it's rumoured that he is a qpr fan. Watching goals on Sunday and how doggy was the penalty Norwich got in the last minute. How much would that help qpr if Southampton are dragged in to the relgation scrap.

Fletchino

Exactly there are the same as you and I if I could influenced fulham getting out if the relegation zone I would just like everybody else. He is also a tax dodging electrian so hardly a credible person.

Fletchino

Just looked on wicki and it says he is a Newcastle fan so maybe I'm thinking of the wrong ref.

MJG

Quote from: FLETCHINO on March 10, 2013, 11:51:31 AM
Just looked on wicki and it says he is a Newcastle fan so maybe I'm thinking of the wrong ref.
an interview I heard a while ago was with one of his School mates and he confirmed he is a Newcastle fan.

Admin

It's that ref who recently recovered from cancer, can't remember his name but he's also been known to train with QPR.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Quote from: Admin on March 10, 2013, 02:46:41 PM

It's that ref who recently recovered from cancer, can't remember his name but he's also been known to train with QPR.

Mark Halsey?

YankeeJim

The call against Southhampton was a soft foul to be sure, but a foul none the less. It was a clear push in the back inside the box and the assistant agreed that it was a foul and he saw it from the front while Clattenburg saw it from the rear. I hate to see matches decided by the whistle but in this case I think he did right. The fact that the penalty was missed just proves there is karma since Holt's half of the penalty call was, while not worthy of an Academy Award, it was certainly worth the nomination.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

DiegoFulham

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on March 10, 2013, 04:04:18 PM

Mark Halsey?
a referee appeared on Sky's a league of their own whilst Lily Allen was on the show he said he was a QPR fan, everyone seemed to boo, aha it isn't just us that don't like them it seems... aha SOTR
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

Andy S

I don't think referees cheat they get the odd decision wrong but that is because they are human. The tv portrays them badly by saying that theyshould have seen this decision or that one but none of the pundits become referees do they! The game these days is so fast that they miss things. they may blink at the wrong time or be thinking where the ball is going and the next move. Their job is to make a decision that gets the game moving again. It is surprising that they get as many decisions right as they do

Rupert

There was a much quoted incident, in referee circles, of an Andy Gray rant at a ref in a live Sky game from about ten years ago. Basically, a tackle flew in and the ref hit the whistle. Terrible decision, moaned Gray, what is the ref doing, trying to remove all physical content from the game. Replay one starts, look says our Andy, the defender clearly gets the ball. Replay two, well, you can see again, he gets the ball, then there's some contact with the player who milks it. Replay three, okay, it looks like there might have been contact just before he got the ball, the ref has only just got it right.

No, the ref got it completely correct right from the word go, AG took four attempts. One reason why he is a pundit and not a ref.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

RaySmith

Quote from: Rupert on March 11, 2013, 08:59:57 AM
No, the ref got it completely correct right from the word go, AG took four attempts. One reason why he is a pundit and not a ref.

Ha, ha - great post!

JBH

Battenburg is from Durham so it is highly unlikely he is a Ha Ha's fan.

However there is a very strong rumour that Mark Halsey is in fact a QPHA fan

alfie

Something we could adopt in football, The captain of the Italian rugby team was given a ban for verbally abusing a ref, this ban was recinded on condition that he went on a referree course, and to ref a couple of games so that he had a better understanding of what the ref can and cannot see.

A few players in football would spend an awfull lot of time on a course like this.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

God The Mechanic

Quote from: alfie on March 11, 2013, 01:38:27 PM
Something we could adopt in football, The captain of the Italian rugby team was given a ban for verbally abusing a ref, this ban was recinded on condition that he went on a referree course, and to ref a couple of games so that he had a better understanding of what the ref can and cannot see.

A few players in football would spend an awfull lot of time on a course like this.

And learn jack all from them.  I think players fully understand the rationale behind decisions, they just don't accept it when it goes against them.  When it goes for them it's a case of "these things happen".

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on March 10, 2013, 04:04:18 PM

Mark Halsey?
Halsey lives just outside of Bolton and trains with UTD mainly but occasionally with Bolton, can't see him coming down to London to train. I used to work with his 2nd wife Michelle. Not sure about his allegiance but his wife had nothing but good things to say about Fergie