watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rodallega has been unlucky

Started by JackyFulham90, March 10, 2013, 08:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

To lose his place in the team, I like his pace , movement & workrate, Ruiz & Berbatov are quality players but against Spurs we will need an outlet as we will have long spells with out the ball, I hope Rodallega gets a start next week so we can hit them on the counter not break then play it backwards & start again ....

Berserker

I expect Berbie will go in the summer Rodders  may get more playing time next season
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

JackyFulham90

Berbatov will never leave while Jol is manager

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

A Humble Man

We Are Fulham, Believe.

Lighthouse

Agree about Rodders. With all his faults we are a better side with him in it. Playing the talented and skillful but slow Berbatov and Ruiz doesn't work especially at home IMO. Pace is needed.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

zschwartz

i would prefer he remains a sub, even in the context of @ spurs. his key characteristic in my mind is being a body up front against weak opposition when berbatov or petric need resting (not a problem with the current lax schedule). seems perfectly well suited to get one against qpr in a couple weeks time.

cottage cheese

Berbatov wont be going anywhere. He wants to play games and really he will not start for any of the top 5. People say Arsenal and Spurs but he wont start every game and given Wenger he probly will play on the wing or something! PLus he wants to stay in England for a start.

He knows if he stays at a club like Fulham he will play every game. I reckon we will get another 1/2 years out of him and who knows after that.

Deanothefulhamfan

I have to disagree.... Rodallega is nowhere near good enough to start, and if he is our main attacker next season we are in big big trouble...Cant see him getting many more starring appearances, would rather he started Petric and play Ruiz / berba just behind him....

epsomraver

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on March 11, 2013, 01:27:44 PM
I have to disagree.... Rodallega is nowhere near good enough to start, and if he is our main attacker next season we are in big big trouble...Cant see him getting many more starring appearances, would rather he started Petric and play Ruiz / berba just behind him....

:plus one: His first touch is poor .

MJG

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on March 11, 2013, 01:27:44 PM
if you read the latest Fultime you can see why Jol wont do that.

JackyFulham90

I like Rodallega he is a good player works really hard for the team may not have an amazing goalscoring record but he has decent pace & given service he will pop up with a few goals

westcliff white

Rodders is probably a model pro, but he is very poor in front of goal. His record bar one or two seasons is terrible
Every day is a Fulham day

Jack Fulham

Works hard, fairly quick but has a poor touch and finishing isn't great. Haven't his 3 goals for us been headers?

A Humble Man

He is yet another one of a string of strikers that Fulham sign who do not score many goals.  The various managers who buy these players say they do others thing for the team, that may be true, but if the do not score at least one goal every three games they are a waste of money.  Fulham have wasted hundreds of millions of pounds on such waste of money over the years.  

If we has spent £20m every five years on a top striker it would be much better value.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

JackyFulham90

Rodallega has popped up with key goals that have resulted in 3 wins! Good player who was in good form then dropped he is a good player we need to remember we are a mid table club & players like Rodallega are good for us

Max Headroom

sorry, as a main striker he doesnt score enough goals....

lots of effort but very little to show for it. The WIGAN supporters didnt mourn his departure. says a lot

Forever Fulham

He doesn't score enough goals.  He doesn't compile enough assists on others' goals.  He has a mediocre first touch.  He isn't quick.  He doesn't use his size to bull through blockades.  The best one can say is that maybe he hasn't had enough touches in the final third this season in any game to get his sea legs under him and make a difference.  He doesn't seem to have the ability to take defenders on one-on-one.   He needs to go.

Lighthouse

Where does Rodders need to go? At the moment he is the ONLY forward we have with pace. Blimey however bad his first touch is at least he touches the blimmin ball in the final third. Something that our other forward players sometimes spend ninety minutes NOT doing.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

btings

I think we generally undervalue him, because he's not quite suited to our style of play.  My main complaint about of him is that his first touch does seem quite poor, and with the way tend to play (slow build up, then look for something clever) a poor first touch is fatal -- the seams disappear if you hesitate.  But he works really hard, gets into the box, wins his fair share of balls in the air, and has scored some important goals.  He also seems to do (or at least try) whatever Jol asks of him, which is a sort of unusual quality in a striker.