watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hughes or Senderos?

Started by JackyFulham90, March 10, 2013, 08:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Who should start at White Hart Lane? I've never been a fan of Senderos but he has been solid since he got a run of games, he wasn't great at Sunderland, I hope Hughes gets a chance again hopefully the dropping will sort his form out like it did with Riise

Burt

Senderos... The back line are more settled at the moment than they have been for some time.

Admin

Either aren't the answer and it's clear as day we'll need a new centre back in the summer, maybe 2 if Hangeland doesn't sign. Poor Hughes has lost a yard or two now and Senderos is, well Senderos. Regardless on how we try to talk Senderos up, he is always and always will be a calamitous defender at the end of the day but I'd start him at Spurs.

HatterDon

same again, landlord,  :beer:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

A Humble Man

Don't change an occasionally winning team.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

IranianCottager

I'd go with Senderos, besides the Sunderland match, he's been solid at the back (for the most part), and is bringing the best out of Hangeland.

Barrie

Hughes for me.  Can he make more than one costly mistake per game?

JackyFulham90

Tottenham have pace throughout there team so Hughes would be good for this game, a key for us is Hangeland marking Vertonghen from corners

A Humble Man

Spurs will be down after losing to a useless Liverpool Team so we must keep them down.  I do not mind Senderos playing as long as he makes no mistakes.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Rudolph

Quote from: Barrie on March 11, 2013, 07:28:08 PM
Hughes for me.  Can he make more than one costly mistake per game?

I take it you didn't watch the FA cup game against United?

HatterDon

the other thing to consider is that they'll be playing in Milan Thursday evening. They have only one legitimate striker that's healthy and Dempsey may only be recalled on Thursday. They had to play Dembele on the right wing in the absence of Lennon [Moussa did brilliantly, of course] and Parker is a pale imitation of their Brazilian central mid. So, we could cause them some trouble.

The major thing in their favor is that AVB ALWAYS has his players prepared for the opponent and always makes decent adjustments at halftime when things are not going well. It's going to be a tough day for us and, should we lose, blaming it on Senderos or Hughes will be childish. Spurs are a top four side. Losing to them shouldn't require fingerpointing or scapegoating.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Against the Spurts, if our midfield cannot hold  Parker,  Bale and Moussa, It will not matter a bean who we play in defence .
Old Mark better get an extra yoga class or two ...................... he is going to be very busy.

FFC1987

Mr K.Dilkington

Hughes please.   
We'll get destroyed at the back if Senderos has to come up against Bale, Defoe et al.
Foolish ham

nose

Hughes.
Sendeross has hasd a good run but against sunderlands time and time again he reverted to all his old problems of ball watching and wandering off from his position. Against spurs that will be fatal.
Hughes really has done no more than not be the teachers pet. His partnership with hangerland remains the key to our team and the basic issue of defending has been the lack of cover from central midfield.

The Swan

Hughes this Sunday and every game until the end of season, with a bit of luck we can sell Senderos
The Swan

HatterDon

Quote from: FFC to the Max on March 12, 2013, 02:51:25 PM
Hughes please.   
We'll get destroyed at the back if Senderos has to come up against Bale, Defoe et al.

Yes, because Hughes is known for his pace.

Count Berbatov

Quote from: A Humble Man on March 10, 2013, 09:28:52 PM
Don't change an occasionally winning team.
Yes. But Hughes can't do much worse. Senderos makes very nervous. His challenges are more appropriate for other sports and he never watches the ball. He'll cost you more points and wins in the future

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Bassey the warrior

On the one hand I don't think Senderos has played any worse than Hughes, but on the other Hughes's positional sense could be important against Defoe, he could cover Hangeland.