more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rio Ferdinand - what an awful human being

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, March 10, 2013, 11:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y1M6oWUsRXI

Add this to what he did against Real, I hope Roy picks Dan Burn instead of him just to spite him
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Scrumpy

English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Riverside

He can be cited for this ?
The referee did not see it .

LBNo11

...Ferdinand has a habit of highlighting his double standards, never seeing the duality of his actions and always quick to appear the victim...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

BedsFFC

Something like that happens on every game on every pitch from under 16 upwards every weekend. I'm not his biggest fan but its heat of the moment stuff. Nobody gets hurt. It's an absolute nothing but the media will jump on the bandwagon and rio will be banned.

FFC1987

Just out of interest, has anyone read the comments on the posted video? Horrific.

Northern Cottager

Can't stand Ferdinand, absolute bellend. Him, Ashley Cole and John Terry should be forced to fight to the death and then the winner fight a hungry bear.

JHaynes Paperboy

I met Rio last year on holiday when he had been left out of the England team by Roy, after a 5 minute chat with him he seemed like quite a nice bloke and I changed my opinion about him, seems I was wrong! What a "wrong un", some people never learn and never change!

Bill2

Quote from: JHaynes Paperboy on March 11, 2013, 10:08:14 AM
I met Rio last year on holiday when he had been left out of the England team by Roy, after a 5 minute chat with him he seemed like quite a nice bloke and I changed my opinion about him, seems I was wrong! What a "wrong un", some people never learn and never change!
Saw him at Faro airport some tears ago and he seemed a nice guy. He happily posed for pictures and signed stuff.
Must have been nice for the majority of man U fans to actually see one of their players in the flesh.

ron

Quote from: Northern Cottager on March 11, 2013, 09:56:43 AM
Can't stand Ferdinand, absolute bellend. Him, Ashley Cole and John Terry should be forced to fight to the death and then the winner fight a hungry bear.

Ah, Corinthians 13:13 comes to mind....

"And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity...."

..but quite agree, not in the case of those toerags !  :005:

jarv

Football is littered with thug centre halves down through the years. For every Bobby Moore type  (OK, there was only one Bobby Moore) there are countless Ferdinands and Terrys. I guess for some players, it is part of their make up for match day.
At least fulham have had quite a few gentlemen in their ranks.  (Hangers, Lacey, Gale, Dempsey etc).

God The Mechanic

The thing is, stuff like this has become so commonplace these days that it doesn't spark outrage in me any more.  Just a sense of disappointment, and almost expectation.  That's the worst thing.

cmg

Yes, it's a pretty cheap shot by Rio and he has, in the past, been guilty of some fairly unpleasant stuff. As has been already said, however, this does not make him unique among centre-backs.

He's been involved in some fairly questionable stuff off-field, too; the kind of things that the pious and righteous among us react to with horror and condemnation. But, generally speaking, he has always struck me as a genuine sort of bloke, not very bright, who is actually trying to do a bit of good in a fairly tawdry world.

I've worked in some fairly ropey areas in London (Haygate, Aylesbury), Liverpool (Cantril Farm, Kirkby), Leeds (Chapeltown) and Bradford (Buttershaw) but I can honestly say that North Peckham (Rio came from the Friary) was the most depressing and intimidating place I've ever come across within these fair Isles. It's been my privelege to meet some wonderful, wonderful people from North Peckham, but I doubt that anyone came out of there without some baggage.

Just in case it should be thought that I am an uncritical admirer, I would state that I have long thought Rio Ferdinand is one of the more over rated of recent International defenders.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: cmg on March 11, 2013, 01:53:09 PM
Yes, it's a pretty cheap shot by Rio and he has, in the past, been guilty of some fairly unpleasant stuff. As has been already said, however, this does not make him unique among centre-backs.

He's been involved in some fairly questionable stuff off-field, too; the kind of things that the pious and righteous among us react to with horror and condemnation. But, generally speaking, he has always struck me as a genuine sort of bloke, not very bright, who is actually trying to do a bit of good in a fairly tawdry world.

I've worked in some fairly ropey areas in London (Haygate, Aylesbury), Liverpool (Cantril Farm, Kirkby), Leeds (Chapeltown) and Bradford (Buttershaw) but I can honestly say that North Peckham (Rio came from the Friary) was the most depressing and intimidating place I've ever come across within these fair Isles. It's been my privelege to meet some wonderful, wonderful people from North Peckham, but I doubt that anyone came out of there without some baggage.

Just in case it should be thought that I am an uncritical admirer, I would state that I have long thought Rio Ferdinand is one of the more over rated of recent International defenders.

Scrotey players can be good people - just look at Drogba.  Hell, Jens Lehmann was an absolute arsebndit on the field but whenever I've seen him interviewed he always comes across as one of the nicest men in the world, really genuine.  Maybe footballers and green grass are like bulls and red rags?

Travers Barney

I'm sure he'll receive a lovely reception in the replay at the Bridge.

coyw
We are the whites

A Humble Man

He gives a lot of money to charity and works with them as well, so he is not all bad.  Footballers are actors and one must not confuse their on pitch antics with the real person.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Forever Fulham

Quote from: Northern Cottager on March 11, 2013, 09:56:43 AM
064.gif
I don't like him.  But I've seen plenty of players act like right asses during a game and then act like normal decent people after they shower and put their street clothes on.  It's a wonder.   But I think there's a difference between playing hard-nosed old-time soccer and laying a cheap shot on an opponent just standing there with his back to you. 

LRCN

im a complete twit on a basketball court - within the boundaries of fair play - or playing fifa but i like to think i'm ok off it. it's all pantomime.

DiegoFulham

Quote from: Riverside on March 11, 2013, 08:12:48 AM

or just another case of the FA not taking any action against a United player as normal?
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

HatterDon

Quote from: DiegoFulham on March 15, 2013, 12:39:26 AM
Quote from: Riverside on March 11, 2013, 08:12:48 AM

or just another case of the FA not taking any action against a United player as normal?

Well, England's manager was so incensed he said Rio is still in his plans.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel