watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ground expansion progress

Started by EricB, March 12, 2013, 08:56:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricB

http://www.constructionenquirer.com/2013/03/12/buckingham-set-to-score-with-15m-fulham-refurb/?

Buckingham Group Contracting is believed to have beaten its rivals to land the £15m contract to revamp and extend Fulham FC's Riverside Stand at Craven Cottage.

The scheme will boost Fulham's capacity by more than 4,000 to 30,000 with extra seats in the stand which backs onto the River Thames.

Sources close to the club told the Enquirer: "The contract race had come down to a final shoot-out between Buckingham and Laing O'Rourke and it looks like Buckingham has won out."

Fulham were granted planning permission for the scheme last summer and WSP are on board as structural consultant.

A start date is yet to be set for construction but Fulham will continue to play at Craven Cottage while work is carried out.

LBNo11

...another Buckingham at Fulham, hopefully more successful than Vic...mind you he did get Les Barrett (No11) to sign professional terms with the club...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

The Equalizer

Excellent news, all we need now is a start date!

Out of interest, how did you discover 'The Construction Enquirer'? I dare say you'd be unlikely to have found that article unless you worked in the building industry.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

fulhamfan

The Equalizer

Ah, of course. Not checked out NewsNow for years. I should have guessed.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

filham

Quote from: LBNo11 on March 12, 2013, 09:01:25 AM
...another Buckingham at Fulham, hopefully more successful than Vic...mind you he did get Les Barrett (No11) to sign professional terms with the club...

You have the wrong Buckingham, this is the one that builds palaces and is destined to go down in history for converting Craven Cottage into Al Fayed's Palace.

Roberty

That works out to about £3,750 per extra seat, so it would appear that the additional income from seat sales would pay for it over the course of four seasons.

I don't see that creating any financial problems for the club and I would see no reason to believe it is going to have any impact on transfer funding.

As I understood it the sale of Saha paid for us to go back to the Cottage and it looks as thought the sale of Dembele will pay for this pile.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy