watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Eddie Johnson winner for Seattle vs Tigres in CCL

Started by btings, March 13, 2013, 05:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btings

For those who don't follow the CONCACAF Champion's league, Seattle was down 1-0 to Tigres after the away leg. They gave up an early goal, then scored 3 straight to win, including this sweet winner from EJ:

Highlight: Johnson slips past the winner

CanadianCottager

Seattle becomes only the second non-Mexican team, along with Xelaju, to eliminate a Mexican team in the Champions' League era. A great piece of history, albeit marred by the typically CONCACAF nonsensical match changing refereeing decision.

YankeeJim

I watched the match. Too bad Eddie didn't play that well for Fulham. He was a force to deal with. The game was entertaining and Tigras lost for a very Mexican reason, arrogance. Typical. Didn't the Galaxy win the thing several years back and wouldn't they have had to beat a Mexican team along the way? I seem to remember that DC United won it under Arena  as well.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

btings

I know RSL has made the finals, but I don't know who they beat.  There was a lot of talk of this being a "historic" victory, so maybe those other teams just beat non-Mexican teams (there are only 4 spots for Mexican teams...).

While we're at it, this missile from Djimi Traore... was also pretty good:
Highlight: Traore screamer

CanadianCottager

Quote from: YankeeJim on March 13, 2013, 04:29:51 PM
I watched the match. Too bad Eddie didn't play that well for Fulham. He was a force to deal with. The game was entertaining and Tigras lost for a very Mexican reason, arrogance. Typical. Didn't the Galaxy win the thing several years back and wouldn't they have had to beat a Mexican team along the way? I seem to remember that DC United won it under Arena  as well.
Typical Tuco Ferretti, he only played one game the entire tournament with the first team and ended up thrashing the Costa Rican champions 5-0, why it didn't occur to him to use his first teamers again who knows.
LA and DC United have both won the maximum CONCACAF club title, but that was in the Champions Cup era, since the switch to the Champions League only Mexican teams have won it. Previously, teams from Costa Rica, El Salvador, Suriname, Guatemala, Honduras, Trinidad, the USA, and Haiti all had won titles.

EJL

Quote from: btings on March 13, 2013, 04:48:51 PM
I know RSL has made the finals, but I don't know who they beat.  There was a lot of talk of this being a "historic" victory, so maybe those other teams just beat non-Mexican teams (there are only 4 spots for Mexican teams...).

While we're at it, this missile from Djimi Traore... was also pretty good:
Highlight: Traore screamer
Djimi Unchained: the D is silent

(I know I'm not supposed to be here)