watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR- Bluestone 42, hit or miss?

Started by Rupert, March 13, 2013, 11:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rupert

The new BBC 3 comedy, episode two was on last night and the first two should still be on iplayer if you missed them.

It has a bit of a strange sound, a comedy series set in Afghanistan with a British Army bomb disposal team going round dealing with IEDs, and the fact that they are really getting shot at and at least one character gets killed makes it edgy, but I think it works.

Anyone else seen it?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

A Humble Man

Quote from: Rupert on March 13, 2013, 11:17:04 AM
The new BBC 3 comedy, episode two was on last night and the first two should still be on iplayer if you missed them.

It has a bit of a strange sound, a comedy series set in Afghanistan with a British Army bomb disposal team going round dealing with IEDs, and the fact that they are really getting shot at and at least one character gets killed makes it edgy, but I think it works.

Anyone else seen it?

Find most of the programmes on BBC3 a bit common for my superior tastes.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

epsomraver

Quote from: A Humble Man on March 13, 2013, 11:46:24 AM

Anyone else seen it?

Well one would expect no less from a man with 4 toilets

A Humble Man

Quote from: epsomraver on March 13, 2013, 12:44:50 PM

Anyone else seen it?

Only two actually.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

M i c K Y x FFC

I know this is a stupid question, what does NFR mean?

cebu

Quote from: M i c K Y x FFC on March 13, 2013, 01:10:40 PM
I know this is a stupid question, what does NFR mean?

NFR = Not Fulham Related

Lighthouse

Saw it last week and just didn't think it was very good. Not because of the subject matter just thought it was weak.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

M i c K Y x FFC

epsomraver

Quote from: A Humble Man on March 13, 2013, 12:53:06 PM

Anyone else seen it?

Only two actually.

What, have you moved out of Balham as well?

A Humble Man

Quote from: epsomraver on March 13, 2013, 04:06:21 PM
Quote from: A Humble Man on March 13, 2013, 12:53:06 PM

Anyone else seen it?

Only two actually.

What, have you moved out of Balham as well?
[/

I have never lived in Balham, you must be confusing me with another posh person.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

epsomraver

Don't think so..................you gave the game away on the posts re meeting up!

MJG

A Humble Man

Quote from: epsomraver on March 13, 2013, 08:43:42 PM
Don't think so..................you gave the game away on the posts re meeting up!

I have never asked anyone to meet me anywhere you are definitely on the wrong track.  I think it is OW you are talking about.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Fulham Tup North

I quite like it, and I really like the fact that they capture the pecking order of the Soldiers so well.
The CO shouts at the Bomb Disposal officer and he in turn shouts at his Sergeants and so on.
"What is the first rule of war"? Don't dig up my base, when they were burying the Robot.
Always going to be a potential touchy subject, but that does not mean that it should not be covered.
BBC3 at least gives new comedy a chance.  I was not keen on "Cuckoo" when it first started but it grew on me.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

HatterDon

Quote from: epsomraver on March 13, 2013, 08:43:42 PM

If you're intimating that he's Ostrich Watch, I think you're on the wrong track here, sir. Despite all the crap he posts, OW is an erudite gent. AHM? Not so much.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel