watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR -- Fulham alumnus news

Started by HatterDon, March 13, 2013, 03:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

After a stellar season with both his club and country, former Fulham failure Eddie Johnson just put his club into the semis of our continent's version of the Champions League.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/20130313/seattle-sounders-tigres-concacaf.ap/?

He busted his ass for us but just wasn't good enough. It's nice to see him getting some success elsewhere.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

God The Mechanic

From what I've heard he's pretty much come into his own back over yonder.  No real good or bad will towards the guy, but it's nice to see the guy come good.

Slightly off topic...
Watched the Portland-NYRB game the other week, what an absolutely outrageous football match.  I wanted to stop watching and get some sleep, but it was just way too much fun.  Hopefully Portland keep playing like that all season, cos if so they're gonna be an amazing watch.

YankeeJim

I've been telling people that one of the conditions the Finney had to accept when he got to the Pearly Gates was to lighten up on Eddie and as a penance he had to send him some ball control.    :005:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

cmg

Quote from: YankeeJim on March 13, 2013, 04:38:35 PM
I've been telling people that one of the conditions the Finney had to accept when he got to the Pearly Gates was to lighten up on Eddie and as a penance he had to send him some ball control.    :005:

Blimey, your post had me feverishly Googling and wondering why I hadn't been aware of the departure of the great Sir Tom, someone who had ball control to spare. It was only when I was assured that Tom Finney was still with us at age 90 that I realized my mistake.

I am sure the late Mr Finn would appreciate the confusion.

A Humble Man

I do not remember EJ busting his ass for us in fact quite the opposite.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

LBNo11

...I have no recollection of his gluteus maximus undergoing a fracture either, but I will agree that he, like another hapless former Fulham player, Frank Large, did try his hardest but was frankly out of his depth (and league). I am glad for his own self-belief, that he is doing well at his trade...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

btings

Quote from: A Humble Man on March 13, 2013, 07:27:21 PM
I do not remember EJ busting his ass for us in fact quite the opposite.

He's come on in the past year or two.  He was similarly a bust for the USMNT earlier in his career, but has played his way back into the squad in the past 12 months, and looked quite good.

Also, there is another thread about this going in the Exile's forum: http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=29207.0