News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lawro's predictions vs fulham fan this week!

Started by FFCYORK, March 15, 2013, 04:46:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFCYORK

Against fulham fan richard osman, perfect fit into the fulham fan stereotype, like a boss. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21784836   

Mr-ska

Richard Osman is a really Funny guy.  Always mentioning Fulham on Pointless. One day he had the right hump, recording a show after Fulham had got beaten by an offside goal, cant recall what match.  Ive seen him at games a few time!

Burt

What Lawro said:

Tottenham played well for an hour at Anfield and looked the good side we know they are. But losing against Liverpool makes this a big game for them, especially coming after a Europa League trip to play Inter Milan.

How they bounce back is important and, in terms of what shape they are in for a top-four finish, this game will tell us more about Spurs than a narrow defeat against Liverpool did.

Fulham are in decent form but they are not great away from home, and I can see Tottenham passing this particular test.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Burt

Burt

Oh, and welcome to the board Mr FFCYORK  076.gif

Roberty

Does he write this stuff everyweek - the comment about our away form is constantly repeated - even though our away form is better than several other teams where it is never mentioned.

The funniest thing about it though is not that according to his predictions we should have 25 points and be in 14th position but that QPHaHa should have 50 points and be challenging for a top four finish. How wrong can you be?
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Burt

The thing is, you are comparing our away form to other clubs who are equally mediocre away from home.

Two away wins is really poor, regardless of the fact that there are a bunch of others who have only one one or two away as well.

horse1031

we are TERRIBLE away from home!!  Fact

If i was a pundit i would say it every week too.

Mr-ska

I think that's a fair assessment for once.   Id love it if we could nick a draw there though

filham

As Jol has said in his interviw,to come away from Spurs with anything you have to score goals. In so many away games we have looked as if we wouldn't score in a month of Sundays, we have gone through matches with no more than a shot or two on target

It looks as if,this time, Lawro's prediction could be right but Iit would be so enjoyable if we could sneak a draw.

Rhys Lightning 63

Well done on him taking it seriously. Too many times have one of the celebrities gone on and said 'Arsenal 8 - 0 West Brom' or something like that
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Roberty

Quote from: Burt on March 15, 2013, 02:50:53 PM
The thing is, you are comparing our away form to other clubs who are equally mediocre away from home.

Two away wins is really poor, regardless of the fact that there are a bunch of others who have only one one or two away as well.

My posting was about his comments, not our away record! The clubs with less away wins and point than we have don't habitually get comments about their poor record from him.

Roberty

Quote from: horse1031 on March 15, 2013, 03:15:47 PM
we are TERRIBLE away from home!!  Fact

If i was a pundit i would say it every week too.

Did you read what I said - my posting was pointing out that he did not make the same comment about the other clubs, not wether we deserved it or not.

Ruiz11

Seen him this season, really talk bloke!! Signed some autographs for fans. He was walking away from the Hammy End so I presume his season ticket is in the Johnny Haynes stand.

Max Headroom

No reference to the extra time during the week. So clearly written before.

If it had been written on Friday it may have been slightly more pro Fulham.

Max Headroom

We have been better away from home lately too....

EJL

Quote from: Max Headroom on March 16, 2013, 02:30:33 PM
No reference to the extra time during the week. So clearly written before.

If it had been written on Friday it may have been slightly more pro Fulham.
Bale will be nice and fresh...

bog

As has been said Richard is a very witty/funny man. Am an avid fan of Pointless and he does not miss an opportunity to mention Fulham. Alexander Armstrong and he are becoming something of a double act on that show.  (Not as funny as Cameron and Cleggie though)   

F(f)CUK

He, the chickens and probably 99% of the sane world were wrong. Well done the boys.

cebu

Quote from: FF(C)UK on March 17, 2013, 05:22:35 PM
He, the chickens and probably 99% of the sane world were wrong. Well done the boys.

The chickens predicted a Fulham win!  So they're better than Lawro ... :005: