News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'd be half tempted to put Frimpong in for Sunday.

Started by Frankie-Peter Taylor, March 15, 2013, 12:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankie-Peter Taylor

With Bale likely to come in after missing Tottenham's Europa League game with suspension, he's more than likely to pick up the spot behind either Jermain Defoe or Emanuel Adebayor which means we need to have someone to protect the gap in between the midfield and the defence, so I'd have Frimpong to almost follow Gareth Bale for ninety minutes and protect the back four.

I'd also be half tempted to either play Urby Emanuelson or Kieran Richardson to add some pace for a counter attack. It's likely that we may not see much of the ball so we may have to sit back and pick our moments and out wide behind the full backs seems the mostly for this to happen.

Schwarzer
Riether Senderos Hangeland Riise
Dejagah Frimpong Karagounis Urby/Richardson
Ruiz
Berbatov

Delboy

Hope for a 50/50 between Bale and either Sidwell or Frimpong early in the game to slow him down a bit. If we are still level with twenty minutes left they might tire due to their tough game at Inter. COYW

MrWhite

i do believe he's a passionate arsenal supporter so would be very fired up to play against the spuds.

Lighthouse

Frimpong on what I have seen in a Fulham shirt would be way down on my list. At best he would foul and be sent off. Hope he proves I am an idiot. But he looks an accident waiting to happen.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

JackyFulham90

I think he should start as they will have plenty of possession and he can break up play, I really do believe we need pace in the side, I would like to see Rodallega but if Ruiz gets the nod It's key we play Emanuelson

Schwarzer

Riether Senderos Hangeland Richardson

Frimpong Sidwell

Dejagah Ruiz Emanuelson

Berbatov

Subs - Etheridge , Hughes , Karagounis , Davies , Duff , Rodallega , Petric

alfie

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 15, 2013, 02:24:06 PM
Frimpong on what I have seen in a Fulham shirt would be way down on my list. At best he would foul and be sent off. Hope he proves I am an idiot. But he looks an accident waiting to happen.

What another accident waiting to happen..
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

cmg

Quote from: alfie on March 15, 2013, 06:10:05 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on March 15, 2013, 02:24:06 PM

What another accident waiting to happen..

This is no good. The rules say that, under exceptional circumstances, you can have two scapegoats in the same team (one must be under-25) BUT you are only allowed one 'accident waiting to happen'.

No, what we need, if we are to give a new player a hard time (which, of course we do, don't we? We wouldn't want to be seen supporting our own players, would we?) is a good CONSPIRACY THEORY.

How about this. Frimpong plays, kicks Bale all over the park, gets sent off. We appeal, so he carries on playing. By the time the appeal process is done with, and his suspension inevitably increased, his loan period is ended and he goes back to Arsenal to serve his ban.

It's a win/win situation for us...Except, of course, he will then go on to become, with Arsenal, the greatest defensive  midfielder in the history of the game, thus allowing all our comrades here to slag off Jol for allowing him to go back.

Lighthouse

Oh tish posh poo. Frimpong is on the short list for a bit part in Casualty. I will support truss like anybody who plays for Fulham and even some who manage us. But really Frimpong is waiting for an ambulance to pass by so he can climb on board.

However clearly and as I said before Jol has been told not to spend money as he clearly and it's a fact he can't control his players and they all hate him.

Conspiracy theory indeed. You are all against me. Except for Frimpong who is on his way to A&E to prove me right. :Get Coat gif:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

Frimpong against Bale means that the bookies odds for an early red card will shorten. Either Bale will go for frequent diving or Frimpong for dangerous tackles. At White Hart Lane I imagine it is Frimpong who would suffer.

alfie

Quote from: filham on March 16, 2013, 10:52:46 AM
Frimpong against Bale means that the bookies odds for an early red card will shorten. Either Bale will go for frequent diving or Frimpong for dangerous tackles. At White Hart Lane I imagine it is Frimpong who would suffer.

of course on here we don't like to pre-judge a player, but have we even considered that he may have a storming game completely control the midfield and make Bale look like a muppet, no of course we haven't.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

filham

Quote from: alfie on March 16, 2013, 11:26:35 AM

of course on here we don't like to pre-judge a player, but have we even considered that he may have a storming game completely control the midfield and make Bale look like a muppet, no of course we haven't.

No prejudgement has taken place, Frimpong arrived at the Cottage wth red card history and we have alredy seen in the short time he has been here that he is physical. Bale has this season had  a few cards for diving.

Yes, it is possible that Frimpong could close mark Bale and take him out of the game and that would be just great but there is a high risk invoved.

SP

Until now, most, if not all referees have seen Bale's exaggerated falls/dives for what they are.  Let's hope this continues tomorrow.

alfie

Quote from: filham on March 16, 2013, 12:58:57 PM
Quote from: alfie on March 16, 2013, 11:26:35 AM

No prejudgement has taken place, Frimpong arrived at the Cottage wth red card history and we have alredy seen in the short time he has been here that he is physical. Bale has this season had  a few cards for diving.

Yes, it is possible that Frimpong could close mark Bale and take him out of the game and that would be just great but there is a high risk invoved.

just a bit of fun sarky comment.
Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't

Bassey the warrior

Can't really drop Sidders or Kara though. Bale is a real worry, Sidwell will need to play deeper and more disciplined which I'm not sure he can do. So yes Frimpong might be right for this game.