watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Player Contracts

Started by JackyFulham90, March 16, 2013, 11:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

I am surprised there has been no progress over the last few weeks especially after securing Duff & Senderos.
At the moment here is a list of the players who will leave in the summer

Riether , Manolev , Hangeland
Davies , Karagounis , Baird , Diarra , Frimpong , Enoh , Emanuelson
Petric

Obviously we have made Hangeland the priority & have options on Enoh , Riether & Manolev
Who else should we be focusing on? For me It's Karagounis, I think now is the right time to move on Baird , Davies , Diarra , Petric

We really need to start sorting this out, very poor from the club that we are in mid March & all them players will be free to go this summer

alfie

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on March 16, 2013, 11:24:44 AM
I am surprised there has been no progress over the last few weeks especially after securing Duff & Senderos.

Petric

Obviously we have made Hangeland the priority & have options on Enoh , Riether & Manolev
Who else should we be focusing on? For me It's Karagounis, I think now is the right time to move on Baird , Davies , Diarra , Petric

We really need to start sorting this out, very poor from the club that we are in mid March & all them players will be free to go this summer

Yes but how do you know there is no progress, and why is it very poor form from the club? contracts may have been offered, and players are considering their options, we don't know, we will only find out if either they sign or they go.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

DiegoFulham

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on March 16, 2013, 11:24:44 AM

Petric

Petric? i believe he's been very unlucky this season due to how good Ruiz and Berba have been. deserves a chance imo
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

HatterDon

I'll be surprised if more than three of the players on that list are with us on opening day.

We're living life on the cheap right now, and it's impossible to build a team that way. 15th looks pretty good for us this season, but next season is going to be white knuckle time every weekend.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

PaulJ123

We need to inject more quality (and youth) into midfield next season so clearing out some wages would be a good thing. Here's what i'd do:

Riether: 100% keep, dont know what it hasnt been sorted yet
Manolev: seems like a decent back up so would probably keep
Hangeland: 100% keep, back to his old self
Davies: as much as i'd like to keep him, theres no point in having someone who may get injured again
Karagounis: definitely deserves one more season, been outstanding for us
Baird: tricky one. useful to have in the squad but is he really good enough? can see him moving on
Diarra: qualilty player but too injury prone. let go
Frimpong: if we can get him one a free I would take him to help bring out age down. Looks to have potential
Enoh: same as Frimpong
Emanuelson: quality player who should be starting for us now. Won't be here after the summer sadly
Petric: Love Petric but would rather see Trotta getting those 10mins at the end of the game instead of an aging Petric

cebu

Quote from: PaulJ123 on March 16, 2013, 06:52:33 PM
We need to inject more quality (and youth) into midfield next season so clearing out some wages would be a good thing. Here's what i'd do:

Riether: 100% keep, dont know what it hasnt been sorted yet

This old chestnut shows up at least twice a week on this board.

Look, Fulham have an option to buy the player, i.e.
Contract conditions (transfer fee/wages) for Sascha have been pre-agreed with Cologne and with the player. But Fulham can say yes or no up until a pre-agreed deadline date. Get the idea?

There is no benefit to Fulham in exercising the option now, but there is the potential risk of Riether picking up a Grygera type injury between now and the end of the season – why should the club run that risk?

One thing to be mentioned is that Jol pointed out that the club would not exercise the option (although they have the right to do so) if the player was unhappy with the idea of staying with us.

So let's all wait until the season is over ...   049:gif