more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Am looking forward to seeing Enoh get a run of games

Started by JackyFulham90, March 18, 2013, 11:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Lighthouse

Just mentioned on another thread that when he came on we didn't lose the overall shape of the team which has been a problem in the past when subs come on in midfield. Didn't see much of him on the stream and was wondering how others thought he did. Without making a song and dance when he came on he seemed to fit well.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I've seen him a couple of times for the u21s and he's very Makelele-ish. He'll break up play and pop it a more creative player. Not afraid to spread the play either and could turn into a bargain if turned permanently.

JackyFulham90

I remember the few times I've watched Ajax over the years thinking he was a good player, still only 26 aswell

filham

We have been chopping and changing our line up all season, at last we have played a settled team for a few matches and are looking good so it would be unwise to make any change to the starting eleven now.

Enoh along with others will have to make a name for himself as a substitute to replace Karagounis or Duff as they tire towords the end of matches.

Karagounis has been magnificent and just has to start and while Duff didn't sparkle on Sunday don't underestimate the work he did in defence.

Stefano Okaka Chuka

Enoh looked slightly more fit than Frimpong to be honest and that's probably why he edges it on the bench and Frimpong missed out, but I think they are the same kind of defensive minded midfielder...
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

SKSW6

Quote from: Stefano Okaka Chuka on March 19, 2013, 10:13:38 AM
Enoh looked slightly more fit than Frimpong to be honest and that's probably why he edges it on the bench and Frimpong missed out, but I think they are the same kind of defensive minded midfielder...

Frimpong tweeted on Saturday that he had a groin injury.

A Humble Man

Quote from: SKSW6 on March 19, 2013, 10:21:33 AM

I do not understand this tweeting thing, if you tweet does it mean it is an accurate statement or can it be used to make untrue excuses?
We Are Fulham, Believe.

HatterDon

Quote from: A Humble Man on March 19, 2013, 11:14:41 AM
Quote from: SKSW6 on March 19, 2013, 10:21:33 AM

I do not understand this tweeting thing, if you tweet does it mean it is an accurate statement or can it be used to make untrue excuses?

a player's tweet is like a manager's press conference. If anything absolutely true comes from it, it's probably by accident.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

cmg

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on March 19, 2013, 07:45:21 AM
I've seen him a couple of times for the u21s and he's very Makelele-ish. He'll break up play and pop it a more creative player. Not afraid to spread the play either and could turn into a bargain if turned permanently.

Blimey, Frankie, how -ish? If he was anything like Makelele he would be the answer to many of our prayers.
What a player he was. He must have been around 26 when he went to Real and afterwards he made our friends in the east the team they were. Played till he was about 100, too.

EJL

Quote from: cmg on March 19, 2013, 03:16:24 PM

Blimey, Frankie, how -ish? If he was anything like Makelele he would be the answer to many of our prayers.
What a player he was. He must have been around 26 when he went to Real and afterwards he made our friends in the east the team they were. Played till he was about 100, too.
Despite having a position/role/whatever named after him, I still feel he's slightly undervalued. You never hear Makelele in a 'best Premier League midfielder' discussion (as trivial as they are, still a fun topic). because he did all the stuff that no one liked to look at.

Concerning Enoh: the man loves a yellow card. If he becomes a regular, he'll be suspended after his first five games.

cmg

Quote from: EJL on March 19, 2013, 04:32:56 PM

Despite having a position/role/whatever named after him, I still feel he's slightly undervalued. You never hear Makelele in a 'best Premier League midfielder' discussion (as trivial as they are, still a fun topic). because he did all the stuff that no one liked to look at.

Well, at least I can 'come out'. For several seasons he was my favourite (non-Fulham) player in the Premiership. A shameful admission about a player in east Fulham blue and the first time it has happened since Jimmy Greaves went to Milan.

EJL

Quote from: cmg on March 19, 2013, 04:41:21 PM

Well, at least I can 'come out'. For several seasons he was my favourite (non-Fulham) player in the Premiership. A shameful admission about a player in east Fulham blue and the first time it has happened since Jimmy Greaves went to Milan.
You mustn't speak of your admiration for a Chelsea player!

In all seriousness, I second that. One of my favourites, too, when he was around.

JackyFulham90

Atleast we can say we finally have some options in centre midfield, if only Diarra was fit

EJL

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on March 19, 2013, 05:38:32 PM
Atleast we can say we finally have some options in centre midfield, if only Diarra was fit
Let's not get carried away!

JackyFulham90

Sidwell seems to be Jols midfield general so its one from Kara , Enoh , Frimpong & Bairdy to partner him

Bassey the warrior

Concerning Enoh: the man loves a yellow card. If he becomes a regular, he'll be suspended after his first five games.

Like Sidwell you mean?

mangoputney

Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on March 19, 2013, 05:38:32 PM

Diarra's injuries may turn out to be blessings in disguise. If he's healthy, we may not have looked for replacements this soon. He's sort of forced Jol's and the board's hand in that regard.

I certainly hope that Enoh isn't the yellow card waiting to happen as was described earlier in the thread. He looked a capable player who didn't significantly change the complexion of the team when he sub'd on. Good introduction. Jol showed a ton of confidence in him, letting him debut with us 1 up on Spurs away.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Bassey the warrior

He had very little to do so we didn't learn a lot about him. We know he is capable tactically as he didn't make us lose shape when he came on. That's important.