watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged Threads - Blackburn sack Appleton

Started by Northern Cottager, March 19, 2013, 11:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Cottager

More brutal tactics by Rovers. Sacked Appleton after just 67 days. Where do we think this may leave Murphy with the next one coming in?! Will he be coming back as a coach as rumoured?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21843906

aFFCn_Fan

I just saw the story. What a joke these chicken farmers are. Admittedly the club is towards the bottom of the championship and looking like it will be the next Pompey. Biggest mistake they made since they taken over was sacking Allardyce (wow, I just wrote that). Although I'm sure he would have walked soon enough
@hincharoo

cottage cheese

Another club ruined. That singh guy really has turned the club into a laughing stock.  

Northern Cottager

They need to get gotten rid of. Awful owners. Personally hate the club but I'm sick of foreign owners coming into clubs and using them as toys before inevitably selling them off in a much worse situation. These Venky's haven't got a clue what's going on.

SP

Shameful. Never had a problem with Blackburn or their fans.

Legate21

Ridiculous decision, but after what Appleton done to Blackpool it shows the grass isn't always greener.

MOR :

Championship strugglers Blackburn have sacked boss Michael Appleton after 15 games and 67 days at Ewood Park.

He is the third manager to leave the club this season following the departures of Steve Kean in September and Henning Berg in December.

Reserve-team coach Gary Bowyer has been put back in charge for the remainder of the season.

Appleton, 37, left Blackpool to take control of Rovers on 11 January, having begun the season with Portsmouth.

Steve_orino

Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

jarv

wow, the manager merry go round just keeps getting faster and faster, every season.

alfie

Quote from: Steve_orino on March 19, 2013, 01:10:56 PM
Come home Danny, come home.

Danny cannot come back in a coaching capacity until he has obtained his qualifications. MJ has already said this is unlikley to happen.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

JBH

Quote from: alfie on March 19, 2013, 01:18:07 PM

Danny cannot come back in a coaching capacity until he has obtained his qualifications. MJ has already said this is unlikley to happen.

Quite right too, why should FFC pay DM to get qualified as a coach  :028:

Burt

Complete shambles...

Weird too. Having held on to Keano to the bitter end (probably beyond that, in fact), they now they seem very quick to fire.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Burt on March 19, 2013, 01:34:45 PM
Complete shambles...

Weird too. Having held on to Keano to the bitter end (probably beyond that, in fact), they now they seem very quick to fire.

Possibly attempting to please the fans as soon as they call for the managers head rather than the months and months of abuse they got with keeping Kean on. Not going to work.

westcliff white

Your right Jol did say he is unlikely to come back as coach, however you are wrong on he needs his coaching badges to coach. He can be taking them and still coach, what he cannot do is be a manager in the premiership without the uefa pro licence or coach without having under taken to start the coaching courses.
Every day is a Fulham day

EJL

Michael Appleton's spell at Blackburn summed up:

MasterHaynes

The supporters should be rueing their constant abuse of Kean eventually pushing him out the door, when he left they were on the verge of promotion places and looking reasonably placed to push on. Now they look destined for Div one.

Any group of supporters that can do what they did to Kean then not turn up for an FA quarter final they were favourites to win desrve everything they get in my opinion

alfie

Quote from: westcliff white on March 19, 2013, 02:38:29 PM

Your right Jol did say he is unlikely to come back as coach, however you are wrong on he needs his coaching badges to coach. He can be taking them and still coach, what he cannot do is be a manager in the premiership without the uefa pro licence or coach without having under taken to start the coaching courses.
[/quote

you are correct of course, sorry i just worded it wrong.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

MOR :

It says everything about Blackburn's current predicament that Michael Appleton was sacked by a man he had never met and without the knowledge of the club's managing director, Derek Shaw.

During his 67 days at Ewood Park, Appleton did not exchange a single word with global advisor Shebby Singh until Tuesday morning, the moment he discovered his time was at an end.