watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

ASHKAN DEJAGAH

Started by Journinho, March 19, 2013, 06:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Journinho

In light of his cracking game at the weekend, I decided to feature Dejagah as my "Underrated PL player of the week".
If any of you could give my piece a read, any criticisms or feedback you have would be greatly appreciated - cheers and COYW!!!

LINK:

http://journinho.wordpress.com/2013/03/18/uplpotw-4-ashkan-dejagah/

JackyFulham90

He is playing well, even when we were in poor form I always liked the look of him, he is quick , direct , strong & has now started delivering good crosses & tracking back well, a quality wingerwill be even better next season

Journinho

Been keeping my eye on him all season, when I originally saw the transfer fee in August I was amazed how low it was, it's been recently, as you say that he's started to get comfortable.

Lighthouse

Taking time to settle in a strange team in a strange land is something as fans we tend to ignore. Critics of Dejagah mention the final decision making. Like most things that improves with confidence. As time goes on and with a bit of luck. We may find Dejagah (if we can hang onto him) being a real star.

There are players you can spot 'have it' or don't on the very first showing. No doubt he has the ability. The point you make about confidence is an important one.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ToodlesMcToot

Moussa Dembele is deceptively agile and quick. Dejagah was giving him fits at times during that game.

Very good signing by Jol.

If we can keep him and Reither long term, we'll be a handful for any team down the right side.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Lighthouse

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on March 20, 2013, 12:27:15 PM
Moussa Dembele is deceptively agile and quick. Dejagah was giving him fits at times during that game.

If we can keep him and Reither long term, we'll be a handful for any team down the right side.

It was mentioned on a Spuds MB that Dembele had gone on a few dribbles during the games he played before. But he didn't against us and they put it down to a number of thing including tiredness. Although I put it down to Dejagah. Dembele did very well but all in defensive play trying to keep our man quiet BUT NOT able to handle him completly.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Burt

I like Dejagah.

We are quite a "conservative" side, and Dejagah is one of those rare types we have who really takes it to the opposition.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 20, 2013, 12:34:16 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on March 20, 2013, 12:27:15 PM

It was mentioned on a Spuds MB that Dembele had gone on a few dribbles during the games he played before. But he didn't against us and they put it down to a number of thing including tiredness. Although I put it down to Dejagah. Dembele did very well but all in defensive play trying to keep our man quiet BUT NOT able to handle him completly.

For me, this was Ashkan's best performance to date. I think it was because he was directly competing with a player we all know so well, who is still destined for bigger things. Just the fact that Moussa was marking Dejagah and having to change his game to accommodate that defensive responsibility says a ton to me. Tottenham didn't pay 15 million for Moussa to play out on the left.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Andy_M

I was at the Emirates when Dejagah made his debut and was impressed with him right from the start. He went off the boil a bit in the middle of the season but now he and Sascha have built a solid parternership down the right side and it has been a joy to watch in recent weeks.

He's still young and learning and has bags of skills and will hopefully only get better.
@got_maile

HatterDon

Dejagah is getting better and better. For all the man love expended on Karagounis around here, I think it should be most clear that our two best players this season have been the German and the Iranian.

Oh, and the Bulgarian ain't been bad either.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Bassey the warrior

Great talent and his decision making is massively improving. If he could bag a few goals that would be the cherry on the cake.

nose

he has a very good understanding with reither but seems overawed by berba. I am not so sure how good he will be but he did have a very good game against spurs so let's hope it is the start of great things.

Travers Barney

Like most of the team has performed admirably since West Brom on New Years Day...that day he was amazing in the 1st half and frustrating in the 2nd....much more consistent over the last couple of months.

Given as it's 1st season in the Premiership he's adjusted well....if he can nick a goal or two every now and then so much the better.

Can feel a cult hero t shirt coming on for the guy LB likes to call Mick.

coyw
We are the whites

A Humble Man

There was some sniping at Jol signings but he is proving a very shrewd transfer dealer.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

NogoodBoyo

Looked good from the get-go as he is one of the few players we have who is prepared to take players on with speed, control and trickery.  In fact, one of the many times I noticed that we football fans as blind (or stupid?) as day old puppies was when one luminary on here deemed him slow on a previous thread.  Anything but.
A very good signing was Sir Les's Mick.
Nogood "slow as lightning he is, isit" Boyo

Journinho

I'm actually a Blackpool fan, but seen him a few other times this season other than the FA cup games (LUCKY)

Glad to hear a positive response, and that you all agree with me, I like Fulham fans.

Fulham Tup North

Surprised no real mention of his turn of pace?
I agree that he needs to pay a bit more attention to his final ball, but that will come.
Good post, thanks. :)
Jol is building a very usful team IMO
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Count Berbatov

How long before he's out to Chelsea or something

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Boggers

Nice blog Journinho, thanks for sharing.

When I first saw Ashkan I really liked him: quick, powerful, took players on. His final ball wasn't great but he still caused problems. Then, like the majority of the squad he hit a really bad patch of form, first touch was awful, he looked a bit lost and lacked confidence.

Now he's a nailed on starter and I think next season (if we keep Reither) we'll see the best of him.

I don't think he's quite good enough for the top four, but if he carries on I can certainly see the likes of Everton, Liverpool, Spurs (again) come in for him.

Great signing and a snip at £2m.
"I never comment on referees and I'm not about to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" - Ron Atkinson

http://alrightbeav.wordpress.com/

@shutuposhea

Journinho

If anyone's got any ideas on any other underrated players they'd like to see get a bit more recognition, let me know, cause I'm a bit stumped at the mo.