watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ageism

Started by Roberty, March 22, 2013, 05:57:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberty

That may be the case but it does not alter the fact that Duff is more productive than Kaca (unless Jol is not telling the truth)

I am struggling to think of a team that won anything because they had a better balance of "age and experience" - they usually win because they are the better team and I would still maintain that having an older team is nothing to worry about and in any event a young team soon becomes an older one.

Frei came back injured after playing for Turkey at the beginning of the season - so best to leave him out of any discussion.

An interesting position is to believe that "loans are fine" and then to say that we should not be loaning out any of our players. The loan players we have with us - apart from Urby - are on "try before you buy" from clubs that do not want them any more - our players are being loaned out to get match experience (rather that being sat on the bench).

I was there - having suffered insults from the awful announcer, I watched Kasami grab the ball and miss the penalty! I have been struck dumb ever since!

My reason for starting this thread was to say that we worry too much about having an older team.
What matters is that we play well and hopefully win and if we do not win this week I want to believe we will win next week. Does anyone really think that the difference between between a win and a loss is only the age of the players and that if we had put out a younger team a loss would have been a win? I think not - if they play better - no matter what their age - we will win and it is playing better that will make the difference and not the age of the team.

The Spurs result was because we played better than them on the day - that was all we had to do - one goal always beats a team that does not score. Rejoice, it is our first win there in the modern era. We all know a spuds fan - make sure you ask about the result!

It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

MJG

Quote from: Roberty on March 24, 2013, 02:48:37 PM

I was there - having suffered insults from the awful announcer, I watched Kasami grab the ball and miss the penalty! I have been struck dumb ever since!

You were there...well so was I, although I dont know what that has to do with this discussion.

Roberty

Quote from: MJG on March 24, 2013, 03:20:26 PM
Quote from: Roberty on March 24, 2013, 02:48:37 PM

You were there...well so was I, although I dont know what that has to do with this discussion.

In the posting about - this was written
"Kasami!!! I think you or me would get a game for fulham before him at the moment."
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

A Humble Man

If you are nearly old enough you are nearly good enough.
We Are Fulham, Believe.