watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wigan v Norwich 30/03/13

Started by Admin, March 24, 2013, 09:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

These guys play on the Saturday before our game with the Ha Ha's. If Wigan win, which I excpect them to do as they normally go on a run about now, that will leave the Ha Ha's needing 8 points to get out of the bottom 3 possibly more depending on what Villa do.

Our game against the Ha Ha's really does have an impact on how their season turns out so I hope the boys are up for this one.

Northern Cottager

A cheeky nudge towards the edge of the cliff will do more than make me smile a little bit.

cottage cheese

Yes but then we would be 6 points from Wigan and with the games we have coming up anything could happen! I would rather Norwich won and kept those three at bay.

TonyGilroy

At this stage it's still about getting to 40 points. Do that and you will almost certainly be safe. Fall short and you're left hoping.

QPR need 17 from 10 games - 5 wins and 2 draws. The game against us is no more or less important than the other nine.

It's inconceivable that we won't manage at least another 4 points.

The Equalizer

Quote from: TonyGilroy on March 25, 2013, 09:58:00 AM

At this stage it's still about getting to 40 points. Do that and you will almost certainly be safe. Fall short and you're left hoping.

QPR need 17 from 10 games - 5 wins and 2 draws. The game against us is no more or less important than the other nine.

It's inconceivable that we won't manage at least another 4 points.

They've got 8 games left and they've currently only won 4 games in 30.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

TonyGilroy

8 it is.

Maximum points total 47. 44 if we beat them.

beijing ben

The Wigan match is massive for everyone from us downwards. Don't mean to be pessimistic but we don't have enough points yet and if Wigan win that match the points total for eighteenth place is very likely to be higher than what most people are predicting...

Admin

Quote from: beijing ben on March 25, 2013, 03:13:56 PM
The Wigan match is massive for everyone from us downwards. Don't mean to be pessimistic but we don't have enough points yet and if Wigan win that match the points total for eighteenth place is very likely to be higher than what most people are predicting...

Like us, they also have a game in had over everyone else in that pack.

Fletchino

When we beat qpr 39 points with 8 games left no way will we get dragged in. And no way out for the haha's. Monday night is going to be great.

filham

Quote from: Fletchino on March 25, 2013, 04:59:23 PM
When we beat qpr 39 points with 8 games left no way will we get dragged in. And no way out for the haha's. Monday night is going to be great.
Monday night will be great if we win but can you imagine the despondancy and despair that will prevail if we lose.
Sure there is no way we should lose but you never know, stranger thingshave happened to us in the past.

cottage cheese

Really think people should stop thinking monday night is 3 points in the bag. Its not. Its going to be a tight tight game

DJinNJ

Have to say, I don't really understand the mentality of focusing on relegation at this point. Obviously, top half is merely a point of pride while relegation has serious consequences, but right now we are in a battle for the top half, not the top 17. I'll be hoping for results that help us consolidate 10th (at least, 9th is not out of the question) as well as keeping QPR in the bottom three, which means keeping Norwich two behind us while Wigan pulls seven ahead of QPR. Another way to look at it is how likely are we to be relegated next season, and I'd like our odds better if Wigan were still in the league rather than bigger clubs like Villa or Sunderland. If things start to go wrong (and they'd have to go really, horribly wrong at this point) I'll alter my outlook, but it's not like I would look back and say I should have been rooting against Wigan all along, as if it made a difference.

BarryP

Quote from: cottage cheese on March 25, 2013, 05:49:41 PM
Really think people should stop thinking monday night is 3 points in the bag. Its not. Its going to be a tight tight game

+1 simply becasue I remember all to vividly how Fulham were written off and over looked not so long ago.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Fletchino

Quote from: filham on March 25, 2013, 05:43:49 PM
Quote from: Fletchino on March 25, 2013, 04:59:23 PM
Monday night will be great if we win but can you imagine the despondancy and despair that will prevail if we lose.
Sure there is no way we should lose but you never know, stranger thingshave happened to us in the past.

I know what could happen I was there that dreadful day in 2012, I feel pretty positive the players now understand how upset the fans were and how let down we all felt. fulham will bring out a monster performance on Monday night and conden qpr to the drop.