https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Johnny Haynes getting new boxes?

Started by LondonFulhamWhite, March 26, 2013, 10:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamfan

that drawing looks about 90 years old!

HillingdonFFC

They're not boxes they're lounges, somehow built up in the rafters and undercroft of the roof. Pretty amazing the amount of facilities that old stand's going to accommodate

The Equalizer

Looks like they're building another place for Cliffy Dean to drink in until 15 minutes after kick-off!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Roberty

This was all part of the trick of how to get to 30k capacity without loosing anything?

A lot of the extra seats, to bring the total to 30k, will actually be in the Putney and Hammersmith ends.

Taking out the hospitality porta-cabins will allow for extra seating and also extra circulation space at the ground level and the lost hospitality space will recovered in the new stand and this new lounge, in the space under the roof, will allow the seating in the current press area to be used for "high-rollers" too.

The next move - maybe a two tiers circulation area under the seating when they get round to replacing the temporary structures at either end of the ground? I don't know what the expected life of them is but with a compelling reason for them to have to come down at some point, it will be easier to get permission for a replacement because when they get round to doing this there will be no riverside walk to sweeten deal.

All of this will provide most of the seating and services a redeveloped ground would have given us without the planning issues and restrictions that would have been imposed. The ground will retain it's character and be up-graded at a fraction of the cost. Quite smart really.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Roberty

Quote from: TheManOnTheBus on March 27, 2013, 12:20:27 PM
Actually, they are not under the rafters. They are under the stand!!! (Mind your heads -  :dft004:)

http://www.public-access.lbhf.gov.uk/online-applications/files/18DAE15FF7910A03C93393AB9B680CEC/pdf/2012_04268_LBC-PROPOSED_ELEVATION___SECTION-994656.pdf

They are being fitted in under the roof space - above the shop, ticket office and cafe.
Given the limited height it could perhaps be named the Pixie Dean Lounge.  :005:

MOR :

If I asked nicely I wonder if there's any chance I could have a padded seat overlay for my seat in G Block? 

Pretty please...

A padded seat overlay will go onto the current wooden seats that make the Stand so famous. They will be removable however, and will have a design that meets English Heritage approval.

filham

So, is it certain that construction work on the new Riverside stand will take place this summer. Has there been a formal announcement to this effect by the club or is this speculation.

The Enclosurite

While having a nose around on the site, did anybody else find this link?  It shows all the applications made over the years.  Very interesting reading.

http://www.public-access.lbhf.gov.uk/online-applications/propertyDetails.do?activeTab=relatedCases&keyVal=0024BNBILI000
¡COYW!

Jamie88

Quote from: The Enclosurite on March 27, 2013, 08:41:05 PM
While having a nose around on the site, did anybody else find this link?  It shows all the applications made over the years.  Very interesting reading.

http://www.public-access.lbhf.gov.uk/online-applications/propertyDetails.do?activeTab=relatedCases&keyVal=0024BNBILI000

Wow, very interesting read, thanks!
Just reading all those demolition applications makes my stomach turn.....

The Enclosurite

Yeah, a few of those really made my heart sink at the thought of what could've been.
¡COYW!

Burt

Berserker

Somebody with club contacts reading this site/thread maybe?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Roberty

Quote from: Berserker on March 28, 2013, 10:04:40 AM
Somebody with club contacts reading this site/thread maybe?

Used up too much of their bandwidth maybe?

Jack Fulham

Quote from: MOR : on March 27, 2013, 01:52:31 PM
If I asked nicely I wonder if there's any chance I could have a padded seat overlay for my seat in G Block? 

Pretty please...

A padded seat overlay will go onto the current wooden seats that make the Stand so famous. They will be removable however, and will have a design that meets English Heritage approval.

you could always take a cushion with you!

Roberty

Quote from: Jack Fulham on March 28, 2013, 11:19:37 AM

Pretty please...

You could eat the pies and grow your own

Berserker

Quote from: Roberty on March 28, 2013, 11:24:34 AM
Quote from: Jack Fulham on March 28, 2013, 11:19:37 AM

Pretty please...

You could eat the pies and grow your own

Or be a women and have ample padding in that area
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

filham

Wow, it's frightening thinking about what might have been.

Architects have been making a few pounds working on Craven Cottage proposals over the years.